News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Ayabie | Megamasso

Started by 4skin,, August 23, 2007, 04:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4skin,

which of these two groups have you grown more fond of? do you like both of them the same? why or why not? i personally think that Ayabie started going downhill big time once Ryohei left the band, for obvious reasons. all of Megamaso's releases have been great so far (IMO), while Ayabie's most recent ones have been lacking just about everything. dont get me wrong, i used to love Ayabie, but they just seem somewhat washed up to me now. to me, it really felt like Ryohei was the life of Ayabie, and when he decided to ditch it, the rest of Ayabie went along and rolled into that same ditch.

and just for the record, i think Inzargi is a far better vocalist than Aoi. (Aoi should've stayed in MASK)

thoughts?

Tsunetako

Inzargi is a great vocalist, and Megamasso's music is interesting and unique.

I don't think they should even be compared anymore, they're both way different now..

凸(。☉౪ ⊙。)▁▇▀▀▀~~~卍

i actually have the total opposite opinion!

i liked old ayabie, after ryohei left their first single was bad! and after tht one its been getting really good. like cubic l/r rock! i thought it was awesome.

for some reason i cant stand megamasso...maybe cos i didnt like how ryohei prevented ayabie from using 'his' songs anymore in lives. so all ayabie can sing are the new ones and their latest album.... also i dont like megamaso's vocalist...i just...dont like it... but yeh,
ramrod - Man of ur wetdreams

カレン

I am not a fan of either band, but if I had to choose I would go with Ayabie because Megamasso is pure crap. You know it's bad when they headline an event and everyone walks out before their set. That NEVER happens in Japan. Seriously.
誰も知らない世界で 流し続けた涙と嘘を隠す
果てしない空の下で
何も見えない視界で 重ね続けた願いを描いて
潤んだ目が渇く日まで

nekki_chibi

Ayabie's copypasting everything these days, from Soroban to Metronome (wtf with that Cubic l/r title track?....), b-sides got totally unemotional, and Yumehito is the only reason they're at least visually fuckable
Megamasso sound very lame, another 1-year old indie band - with totally no musical taste in heads of those who sing and compose.

Tsunetako

Quote from: archaela on August 23, 2007, 07:48:43 AM
I am not a fan of either band, but if I had to choose I would go with Ayabie because Megamasso is pure crap. You know it's bad when they headline an event and everyone walks out before their set. That NEVER happens in Japan. Seriously.

They seem to be fairly popular, I think that was just a fluke. Their live DVDs have very full audiences.. Not to mention they seem to be making enough money to constantly pop out new singles with fairly decent PVs.

カレン

Well notice I said event, not oneman. Obviously they have enough fans to fill up a livehouse (which isn't a lot, by the way). A band truly shows its popularity if it can hold the attention of people who aren't there to see them, which is what events are for. Not to mention whoever the eventer was (I think it was Like an Edison, i.e. very serious business) thought they were popular enough to headline, yet 80% of the audience walked out.

I'm just saying this is observation. And having money doesn't mean popularity. It means having a label who is willing to shell out the cash to promote the bands. I saw Megamasso PVs playing on the big screen in Shibuya. It's all relative though.

Oh and also, there's this lovely phenomenon in Japan of fans following band members around from band to band regardless of whether or not they like the music. Like 176BIZ for example. Majority of their fans are just there to ogle Tara, so I assume it's the same with Ryouhei.

But anyway continue with your discussion. I'm not qualified to be in it anyway.
誰も知らない世界で 流し続けた涙と嘘を隠す
果てしない空の下で
何も見えない視界で 重ね続けた願いを描いて
潤んだ目が渇く日まで

Tsunetako

Quote from: archaela on August 23, 2007, 08:28:17 AM
Well notice I said event, not oneman. Obviously they have enough fans to fill up a livehouse (which isn't a lot, by the way). A band truly shows its popularity if it can hold the attention of people who aren't there to see them, which is what events are for. Not to mention whoever the eventer was (I think it was Like an Edison, i.e. very serious business) thought they were popular enough to headline, yet 80% of the audience walked out.

I'm just saying this is observation. And having money doesn't mean popularity. It means having a label who is willing to shell out the cash to promote the bands. I saw Megamasso PVs playing on the big screen in Shibuya. It's all relative though.

Oh and also, there's this lovely phenomenon in Japan of fans following band members around from band to band regardless of whether or not they like the music. Like 176BIZ for example. Majority of their fans are just there to ogle Tara, so I assume it's the same with Ryouhei.

Fair enough.. But I'm sure Megamasso isn't the first band to have played to a dead crowd that just wasn't interested. Every band will have a few bad shows.

And if Megamasso wasn't making any cash, I'm sure their label wouldn't bother to keep them around. Nor would Ryouhei start to produce another band himself.. (Though I have no idea if that band is actually connected to the label that they are on now or something else) Not to mention that LIPS is now the theme for a TV show.

What a lovely phenomenon, indeed. Hopefully they'll realize that Megamasso's music is worth paying attention to, and not just Ryouhei's cuteness. Ugh. I can't stand that kind of behavior.

Do As Eternity 6

For me i agree with asuka kind of I still think Ayabie > megamasso but for me both bands don't even sound all that much alike to be compared.

When megamasso first came out i liked them alot but for some reason i've already stopped listening to them as much as back then...not because i think they're bad or anything it just doesn't hold my attention a much. The thing about recent ayabie is minus a few tracks off of ecumencial i pretty much still love all the stuff they've come out with and for me still aoi voice > inazagi's. although i have to agree with nekki_chibi on the visuals xD it's a good thing i don't judge their listenability based on their visuals T.T

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

lovetrick

Megamasso because Aoi sounds like a drowning cat.

Alice the Sister

megamasso is pretty hit-or-miss. They could use some work. Maybe they'll get better as time goes on.

Ayabie on the other hand used to be pretty good. I don't remember exactly when I started to get bored with them, but eh. I dont like 'em too much anymore.
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY