News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

LJs, file-sharing, and being an elitist.

Started by Alice the Sister, August 11, 2007, 10:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

非難GO-GO > バクチク

I post stuff on my journal. I sometimes lock it like 24 hours later to only my friends. Mainly because I don't need LJ trying to ban me or something. *I love my LJ*

Now that my post on Jyakura came back up , I need to lock that , I forgot it was public , I do it mainly for the TOS violation it causes , I've had my journal too long to have it banned. =/

As for the comms , I was only part of 1 comm on LJ and they were nazi's funny thing is most of the stuff they were sharing I owned on cd , so It was kinda pointless and unjoined. I currently belong to no j-files group , outside of Only arashi files ( so I can get Arashi No Shunkudai and Mago Mago ).

I guess people just like being asses. The only reason I like thanks is becaues I took time out of my day to re-upload/upload something whereas I could of been doing something else. Like Sleeping.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

Culo

Quote from: xbiinex on August 12, 2007, 01:58:38 PM
I'm sure with a lot of those ultra rare files the most important point for collectors is to have the feeling of 'owning' something that others don't have. It doesn't even mean it's particularly good. Not everything that's rare must necessarily be very good.  People may not even really like the music. They mostly like them for being rare. To me it's no different from collecting rare stamps for example. The rare ones may not be the most beautiful ones but you feel proud when you own them irrespective of what they look like. ;D

But those people generally never buy CD's or very few, I can't understand how they can feel they're "owning" something XD
About them liking them just for being rare, yeah, that also applies to game collectors, many extremely rare games are just bad and boring but they're RAAAREEE... still the game collectors have more common sense because they don't get all l337 just because they downloaded a .ROM
Fag who reads

GEWALT

I think I am called an elitest according to some here. I am fine with that. But I buy plenty of cd's and put much effort in to get some stuff I wanted for long. And I won't share it, you can't make me.
But I refuse to give stuff out I put much effort into to get it in the first place.

I don't mind sharing stuff I got easily or stuff. But I don't need to be a hero and please everyone.

redkiwi

I help run a lj rotation community, and I wouldnt say I'm an elitist (since I share freely without asking for anything EVER in return), but I dont like people reposting my rips. The reason is because I dont share really rare things so there is no reason for people to repost my stuff...its already out there. but people still do anyways. However, I'm really getting to the point where I just dont care anymore. its really not worth it, and I'm finding that if I keep keep an "elitist" atitude, I just dont enjoy sharing as much either.

and the reason I dont post my files outside my community is because I host them myself, not because I am an elitist..My bandwidth couldnt withstand the abuse from a site like this!  :'(

Alice the Sister

See, it's different if you don't want people hotlinking your files. I wouldn't want people hotlinking my files either. However, I know people do that anyways. And even though I could upload an assload of music and videos I don't because I know that if I do too much people might go past my bandwidth and I'd be screwed. However, I have a lot of bandwidth so I only share what I know I can handle. Because the internet doesn't behave the way we want it to, so we have to adapt. Whether I want people to hotlink or not, people are going to do it.

Not like I really have much worth downloading on my rotation at the moment...

just a bunch of synth pop and a Versailles PV.
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

kikuye

The mindset of keeping a rare mp3/pv . . well rare, or sharing one on a forum of LJ community, are both egotrips.

The first instance I kind of relate to Sexpot being sold on CD japan. Now that it's accessible to everyone, the ability to say that you own something that everyone doesn't isn't there anymore and it looses it's luster.  I will admit that there is a certain thrill of having a file that no one else has, especially when you've been a fan of a band from their early days and have the physical pv/mp3 released at the live. When you see that file being distributed freely on LJ or a tracker. . it sucks. But hey, it's the internet you can't help it.

Of course posting a rare file on the internet helps everyone else out. . but yeah, the underlying motives are:
1. everyone now knows that you have that livehall only released track/pv
2. you get comments

非難GO-GO > バクチク

I don't share stuff that I have easily found on cd purchase pages like amazon.jp / neowing / hmv / third stage , etc....

If you can buy it , then you should buy it. 

If I have it , and it's obsucre or hard to buy , I share it , at a low bitrate , I don't like it when people demand 320 and have NO intention to buy the cd whatsoever. 192 will do until you can purchase it or get it used or find someone else with it.

That's mainly where I draw the line , 320 are for people who bought the cd imo.

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Quote from: PrismSub7 on August 21, 2007, 02:25:45 PM
Quote from: 마왕 on August 21, 2007, 11:20:26 AM
I don't share stuff that I have easily found on cd purchase pages like amazon.jp / neowing / hmv / third stage , etc....

If I have it , and it's obsucre or hard to buy , I share it , at a low bitrate , I don't like it when people demand 320 and have NO intention to buy the cd whatsoever. 192 will do until you can purchase it or get it used or find someone else with it.

But, why download the album when you can rip it in a minute?
And for CD's/DVD's which are out of press?

There are some cds I download instead of actually opening , as weird as that sounds. I have cd's I don't want to open. I am however going to knock that off just because cds apparently have a problem called cd rot. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD_rot ) I do that alot with bands I really like like bad religion , korn , clazziquai , arashi. It's a habit.

If somethings out of press ( unless it was abundant and you can easily buy it used or there are alot of copies still floating around ) , then I don't mind. If there is a chance to purchase it , then that's where I draw the line.

klavierbarrette

Quote from: 마왕 on August 21, 2007, 03:08:14 PM
Quote from: PrismSub7 on August 21, 2007, 02:25:45 PM
Quote from: 마왕 on August 21, 2007, 11:20:26 AM

But, why download the album when you can rip it in a minute?
And for CD's/DVD's which are out of press?

There are some cds I download instead of actually opening , as weird as that sounds. I have cd's I don't want to open. I am however going to knock that off just because cds apparently have a problem called cd rot. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD_rot ) I do that alot with bands I really like like bad religion , korn , clazziquai , arashi. It's a habit.

If somethings out of press ( unless it was abundant and you can easily buy it used or there are alot of copies still floating around ) , then I don't mind. If there is a chance to purchase it , then that's where I draw the line.
now i know why some of my old stuff doesnt play....i thought it was just because i used to keep them in those old school cd cases.

not that it's japanese but still o_O

Vessicator

Oh well. Thank the internets that a site like this is still up.

Thank rapidsearch and countless other caches of p2p/torrent sites too :D