News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Things you guys want me to add to the site

Started by DO, August 10, 2007, 06:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joesushi

The country flags is a nice addition. I myself would like to see upload and download stats (this may have be talked about before), the ability to favorite torrents and the listing of torrents by user.

凸(。☉౪ ⊙。)▁▇▀▀▀~~~卍

also how torrents are done could be better oo;

like there are too many sections, should be.

[DVD]
[single]
[album]
[discography]
[misc music]
[misc video]

much easier,
also alot of people dont visit the torrent forum section... to make people visit there more, i think each category should have a subforum. like imbetween the 'news' and 'tracker issues' sections should be a 'torrents' section with subforums linking to each of the torrent categories. :D
ramrod - Man of ur wetdreams

x

Quote from: asukayakuza1234 on August 16, 2007, 10:23:11 AM
also how torrents are done could be better oo;

like there are too many sections, should be.

[DVD]
[single]
[album]
[discography]
[misc music]
[misc video]

much easier,
also alot of people dont visit the torrent forum section... to make people visit there more, i think each category should have a subforum. like imbetween the 'news' and 'tracker issues' sections should be a 'torrents' section with subforums linking to each of the torrent categories. :D
But, where do misc video with DVD-quality go?
The subsections also needs some descriptions.

Thing I would like:
1#hide dead torrents

2#Top 10 Worst Seeded Torrents at the top of the forum or somewhere else intrusive

3#block abusive torrent clients that slow down transfers, few examples:
BitComet (extremely aggressive client, sometimes doesn't obey private flag).
BitLord (based on an old version of above and full of adware/spyware).
eXeem (announces every 370 seconds)
Shareaza (interferes with some cheat client detection routines).

4#stats :D

impact

well i can post overall torrent stats but per user is harder since it would be per ip

xbiinex

I think it wouldn't be bad to delete dead torrents that had no seeds for - let's say - 6 months or so. It would also stop people from jumping on such torrents and crying for reseeds afterwards. Sometimes I guess it would be easier to just start a new torrent than trying to reseed. But as long as there is still an old torrent in the list - no matter how dead it may already be - nobody may feel tempted to upload the same file again.

Alice the Sister

BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

非難GO-GO > バクチク

music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

impact

Quote from: 마왕 on August 17, 2007, 07:35:03 AM
^ I keep forgetting there are torrents.

well we do get more ddl's than torrents

xbiinex

Quote from: Alice the Sister on August 17, 2007, 06:22:27 AM
Get rid of torrents altogether.

Well, I wouldn't bother to share any large files by ddl's. Small files are okay by ddl but larger files are much more convenient to share as a torrent.

Alice the Sister

Perhaps there could be a way to integrate the torrents into the forum and/or into the DDLs instead of casting it off like a hated stepchild? Maybe if people uploaded the torrents as attachments  and we stopped treating torrents like separate creatures (well..maybe have a separate forum but not like it is now) it could be better.
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

x

Quote from: Alice the Sister on August 19, 2007, 06:40:45 AM
Perhaps there could be a way to integrate the torrents into the forum and/or into the DDLs instead of casting it off like a hated stepchild? Maybe if people uploaded the torrents as attachments  and we stopped treating torrents like separate creatures (well..maybe have a separate forum but not like it is now) it could be better.

You mean like jme-forum?

impact

thats just a forum mod easily done if needed

gamma-minus

I would prefer to go back to torrents only...
*miss the good old times*  :'(

xbiinex

I think one major problem is that a lot of people do not understand how to download torrents. Maybe it would be good to have a sticky with an easy and simple to understand instruction how to download torrents.

I know there's the help forum and several threads but I remember very well when I started out with torrents all what I read there didn't really make me understand the torrent system and rather confused me more.

Apart from that it's good to have both - torrents and ddl.

凸(。☉౪ ⊙。)▁▇▀▀▀~~~卍

i think intergrate torrents + ddl.
like in forums.
i think forums should be like this

sub forums:
[dvd] = for dvd torrents and dvd DDL
[discog] = for discog torrents and discog ddl
[album] = for album torrents and ddl

but when people post the stuff, they need to indicate if its [ddl] or [torrent].
ramrod - Man of ur wetdreams