News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Diru

Started by xKojix, August 06, 2007, 08:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MY BABY DADDAY P-GWIDDLES

LMFAO i applaud Dir en grey for taking advantage of their fucking retarded fans.

"Hey gize I bet we could charge a hundred bucks for our next CD and it would STILL sell out."
"I bet we could charge MORE!"
"LET'S DO IT! KAWAII DESU"
"vk is a fucking dead fad" - signal to noise

signal to noise

the cd is normal price.

the cd plus extra disc plus dvd plus 2 LPs is still normal price for all that stuff.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Username

cdjapan sez:

Dir en grey's new album "Uroboros" draws it's name from the cyclical serpent--the mystical symbol of a snake consuming its own tale. What better image is there for a band that frequently consumes itself in order to make a more powerful, perfect, whole? Like the Uroboros of legend, Dir en grey's new album marks a sort of return for the band, revisiting the pre-"Withering to Death" era with what is scheduled to be the band's most diverse, brooding, and creative release yet. Non-screaming vocals are set to take on a stronger part in the compositions--competing with new intruments like mandolins. Thematically "Uroboros" considers topics of guilt and reincarnation.
Soulseek name: Cactuar

i wasnt really planning on listening to this but maybe i should, I stopped listening to Dir en grey after I saw them live in Feb 06 for various reasons
Never listened to dozing green

mjmclean

I'll probably be getting the limited [2 disc] edition. I regretted not getting The Marrow of a Bone at the time because of those great acoustic remixes. And hey, he says he's actually going to be singing on this one rather than focussing on vomiting his intestines out, so that's got to be worth something.

However, I can't see myself forking out £60 for an album that hasn't even got a track list or cover art yet. What if it's got a shit, goofy picture of Kyo grinning madly, doing a thumbs-up, and having a speech bubble coming out of his mouth in which he's saying "LOL you actually bought this drivel". In Japanese, of course.

Quote from: mjmclean on August 09, 2008, 06:15:35 PM
What if it's got a shit, goofy picture of Kyo grinning madly, doing a thumbs-up, and having a speech bubble coming out of his mouth in which he's saying "LOL you actually bought this drivel". In Japanese, of course.

I'd buy it then

signal to noise

theres a clip of Glass Skin on their website now. like what they did from Dozing Green, its like a 10 second clip.

from what i can gather and assume from this tiny clip, it sounds like they have taken the skills theyve acquired in the past few years and applied them to a more eclectic sound, if anything more closer to their first 3 albums than their later heavier ones.

just a guess though. after that 10 second part it could go into a Bury Your Dead-esque chugging open C minor chord breakdown.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Username

someone leak it already

Username

Can you hear them sitting on those foam rings?

10 second samples are retarded. 30 second samples are dumb but ten is just redonkulous

Username

It's not like giving everyone 30 seconds or a minute is going to hurt sales. 10 seconds is just ridiculous.

I hope the production on their next album is good. Marrow was too loud, had too much static/fuzz, and was too rough. Withering felt like it was covered in that clearcoat stuff they put on everything at Disneyland. It should be like Macabre where everything sounds good. And Toshiya should play with a pick. It should not be a victim of the "loudness wars". They should do everything that I say because it will make their music better.

But will they get more sex?

Username

The fangirls that only liked them 1997-2003 will probably start wanting to sex them again.

nekki_chibi

I like their 2001-2003 works
and I'm gonna like the upcoming album -
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/grapes/-/archives/2008_08_08_dir_en_grey

mjmclean

Quote from: Username on August 11, 2008, 09:56:45 AM
Withering felt like it was covered in that clearcoat stuff they put on everything at Disneyland.

Two words for you: Beautiful Dirt. ;)