News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Diru

Started by xKojix, August 06, 2007, 08:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nekki_chibi

dozing green PV is fucking tasteless
I have no idea why did they throw in one plate all those manga spots (LOL LOOK WAPANESE VIDEO?),
the only actual moments I liked were with band at sepium bg and dolls
the rest of video is pointless and cheap

Do As Eternity 6

aww i liked it xD

i thought is was pretty cool and i like that the performance scenes don't look so movie-ish but kind of like watching a live. the manga parts weren't that big soo i don't think it makes much of a difference. i agree it looks low budgety but i think that's part of the charm.

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Karasu

Where'd you guys see the new video?

Do As Eternity 6

lol it's everywhere...infact it's up here for download too ...i personally took it from kerrang!'s site.

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

nekki_chibi

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on October 24, 2007, 07:16:59 PM
i agree it looks low budgety but i think that's part of the charm.
it is not, imho
because it's second cheap video from them
Grief was awful and now this
and, fuck, I really expected a not-worse-than-obscure PV, why did they thrown _this_ out!!! T_T
(disappointed to hell)

Do As Eternity 6

well i agree with grief Pv being bad xD i only watched it once and that was enough.

Quoteand, fuck, I really expected a not-worse-than-obscure PV, why did they thrown _this_ out!!! T_T

I'm not sure what you mean by that though >.<

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

Kyο

Skeletons and centipedes and helecopters oh my. >_> What was all that?
At least the parts with Diru playing were good, and the doll thing at least made some sort of sense.

They really need to learn LIGHTING = GOOD. And Kyo needs to get the hair out of his eyes.
With a song like that I had imagined the pv to be some sort of amazing creation with well-done cutscenes and a really epic set. But no, that's what happens when they're touring so much.

And I could have sworn that I've seen a manga drawn in the same style once before, which is strange because I'm really not into anime/manga much at all. It looked really familiar though.
I like going to potlucks and playing backgammon.
32/M/skate park if u wanna cyber.

ghostface

I actually like Grief PV. It has some great shots of the band, I can totally picture them in my mind as I'm typing this. Even if they lasted like a split second, and I only watched the video a few times, they stood out to me as uber cool. Yeah, I love the editing in this video.

I still haven't listened to the new single. Waiting for my copy :)

signal to noise

i love the new video. and i thought Grief was mad cool too. i really want them to make another PV dvd soon, but i think they've only done like 5 or 6 videos since Average Fury & Average Psycho.  they did.... dead tree (which probably wouldnt be on it anyway since its on IWAW bootlegged), Clever Sleazoid, Ryoujoku no Ame, ASOM, Grief, and Dozing Green. yeah... we'd have to wait until more singles another album for one.

who else hopes they make a new live dvd soon? i really wanna see one with all the songs from The Marrow live, even though they'd have to do another big show where they play them all, because im pretty sure their more recent shows have had a good mixture of new and old songs. It Withers and Withers and Code of Vulgar[ism] were such amazing live dvds, they need to make one to that caliber with all the new songs.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Kyο

A new live dvd would be nice. I'd especially love to see Dozing Green, The Pledge, and Namamekashiki Ansoku, Tamerai ni Hohoemi. *__* Have they even played Namamekashiki at any recent lives?
I like going to potlucks and playing backgammon.
32/M/skate park if u wanna cyber.

nekki_chibi

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on October 24, 2007, 08:58:13 PM
Quoteand, fuck, I really expected a not-worse-than-obscure PV, why did they thrown _this_ out!!! T_T

you know, that 15-seconds preview was so promising
simply because the best of footage was introduced
and the rest of the video is filmed much worse.
Obscure was great in terms of production - great direction, cinefilm instead of digital cameras for filming, blah blah blah

fangy89

Okay so I still hate the song but, to me, the video was semi-good. A 'good video' to me is one where you can understand what the band is trying to show you. I get the whole political aspect to it, but then they threw in random crap that just confused the hell out of me, like the manga/comic/whatever bits. I mean why did they include the big sphincter with teeth that ate Boba Fett? And I've definitely seen the whole 'playing in a room full of screens' thing before...though I can't remember whose video it was in.

Now, is it just the lighting or are all of them actually blond? That part scared me.

nekki_chibi

BTW I wonder who is their current video director
It seems that Hiroyuki Kondo is no more in action

Do As Eternity 6

Quote from: nekki_chibi on October 25, 2007, 08:49:27 AM
Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on October 24, 2007, 08:58:13 PM

you know, that 15-seconds preview was so promising
simply because the best of footage was introduced
and the rest of the video is filmed much worse.
Obscure was great in terms of production - great direction, cinefilm instead of digital cameras for filming, blah blah blah

ok i understand now

and fangy ...people where saying it was like a Tool video so maybe that's who...and lol that scared me too but they all are now except for kaoru and toshiya...die's a blond now joining kyo and shinya

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

fangy89

Hmm I know it wasn't a Tool video I saw it in, but I guess if it was in one of their videos too then it's even more unoriginal than I thought. Not saying that Tool is unoriginal, just the whole screen thing.

Die...blond...? That doesn't work in my head. I mean I saw it, but it's just...weird.