News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Diru

Started by xKojix, August 06, 2007, 08:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

signal to noise

Quote from: mjmclean on October 07, 2007, 04:48:09 PM
I heard that they took a lot of inspiration from stuff like korn and linkin park... that must be why their last album was kinda bleah.

well theyve never said themselves that they have been influenced by them, but i think its safe to assume that there was some influence on their newest record from the bands on Family Values tour. for example, Lie Buried With a Vengeance was written after they came back from family values, and it sounds similar to Bury Your Dead's style and i've seen Kaoru and Die wearing Bury Your Dead shirts. but theres also the fact that atleast almost half the record was already written before that. their 3 singles, Fatal Believer, and Conceived Sorrow had all been written before playing on Family Values tour. and i think on the special Marrow of a Bone site, within their notes on the songs, they mention what they wrote before and after the tour, and like what was written not too long after Withering.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Do As Eternity 6

I heard that they took a lot of inspiration from stuff like korn and linkin park... that must be why their last album was kinda bleah.

yea i don't think they've ever said that ... i think that may just be fan speculation or w.e >_>

i think what signal said is more right

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

非難GO-GO > バクチク

I don't think they are influenced by KoRn at all. Me being a long time korn fan ( say what you will ) , I don't hear anything that remotely reminds me of them at all. I'll agree that's it's fan speculation.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

signal to noise

Quote from: 마왕 on October 07, 2007, 08:57:33 PM
I don't think they are influenced by KoRn at all. Me being a long time korn fan ( say what you will ) , I don't hear anything that remotely reminds me of them at all. I'll agree that's it's fan speculation.

yeah i mean.. i guess Rotting Root and Repition of Hatred kindof hint at it, but not all that much.

and why dont i see "Danger High Voltage" by Electric Six in your signature playlist?!??!
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Quote from: signal to noise on October 07, 2007, 10:57:21 PM
Quote from: 마왕 on October 07, 2007, 08:57:33 PM

yeah i mean.. i guess Rotting Root and Repition of Hatred kindof hint at it, but not all that much.

and why dont i see "Danger High Voltage" by Electric Six in your signature playlist?!??!

Because my playlist is the new album that's due out the 9th. Danger High Voltage is on Fire. I have listened to that cd way too much. =3

Fire in the disco Fire in the taco bell Fire in the disco Fire in the gates of
hell Don't you want to know how we keep starting fires? ...
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

Karasu

The only time I could ever hear a possible KoRn influence is Die's beginning notes in Obscure. That sounds like something KoRn could do. Other than that, I dont hear an influence by them at all.

Arch, I still listen to Issues. Best album they have done. lol.

mjmclean

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on October 07, 2007, 05:49:58 PM

yea i don't think they've ever said that ... i think that may just be fan speculation or w.e >_>

i think what signal said is more right

Okay... I didn't know about that. From what I heard, it came straight from their mouths, but that may have just been the rumour-mill churning away. ;D

Just over a week until the single!

signal to noise

hm. i still need to preorder this. but i wont have the money until friday. well then.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

signal to noise

theres a PV clip on their site of the same portion of the song their previous clip had. but this time in video form! looks cool to me.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

nekki_chibi

It seems to be filmed as great as Vulgar promotion videos
Reminds of Obscure at some point
and I like the imagery of dolls, both with band's presentation

Do As Eternity 6

^ yea i was thinking the same. it looks pretty cool ^^

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

signal to noise

anyone expect when this single will hit the forum? probably only like a day or two before its release? maybe ON the day of its release?
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Kyο

Who knows, it could be out in two days or it could be as stubborn as stacked rubbish was and be posted the day of the actual release.  I have 'dozing green' on my Soulseek wishlist so if it pops up while i'm away, i'll know that someone/some forum has it.  ;D

The video clip is pretty cool, it kind of reminds me of Kodou without the warehouse scenery.  It's probably all they could pull together quickly from touring so much this year. xD;;
I like going to potlucks and playing backgammon.
32/M/skate park if u wanna cyber.

signal to noise

the style of the video reminds me of their indie stuff.  it should be awesome.  i cant wait to see the whole thing.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

MY BABY DADDAY P-GWIDDLES

It's ten seconds long ffs
"vk is a fucking dead fad" - signal to noise