News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Diru

Started by xKojix, August 06, 2007, 08:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

非難GO-GO > バクチク

It was an alright album , it just wasn't Metallica.

At any rate , Hopefully the next album will be decent. I can't judge a song with 10 seconds. I thought Ame was one of the better newer songs so I had high hopes for the album.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

signal to noise

Quote from: 마왕 on October 04, 2007, 01:56:34 AM
At any rate , Hopefully the next album will be decent. I can't judge a song with 10 seconds. I thought Ame was one of the better newer songs so I had high hopes for the album.

i think even though "soup bone" wasnt mostly songs that the jrock fans were into, it still had some songs that they could appreciate, like Conceived Sorrow and The Pledge. as for me, hell, i like every song on it.  ;D
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

nekki_chibi

QuoteMainly because I think it's a silly title. Anything I don't care for  I usually convert the name into something to ammuse me more. Kinda like how I call WTD( withering ) 'wtf' . Those two are my least favorite albums by them , so I never use the correct titles.
NOT LESS THAN FABULOUS
you're my hero

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Quote from: signal to noise on October 04, 2007, 08:33:55 AM
Quote from: 마왕 on October 04, 2007, 01:56:34 AM

i think even though "soup bone" wasnt mostly songs that the jrock fans were into, it still had some songs that they could appreciate, like Conceived Sorrow and The Pledge. as for me, hell, i like every song on it.  ;D

I don't think for me it's the 'jrock' appeal. I just don't like Kyo's screaming voice as much as I love his singing voice. I love heavy music , the faster the better. I just wish he'd mix up his vocals more and stop screaming nearly as much. Other than that , I still listen to most of the stuff. I just happen to skip 90% of the last couple of the albums in the cd player. I do remember liking The Pledge thinking it was one of the better songs.

Karasu

I'm surprised you didn't Like Agitated Screams of Maggots Arch. The riffage was pretty cool, and it was definitely a fast song.

Do As Eternity 6

i agree i like him singing more but at the same time i don't mind the screaming really all that much(which is strange because in most cases i would but it kind of fits the songs for me so i don't mind i so much). plus for me the best thing about TMOAB were the guitars anyway...they were so awesome. *drools*

oh but i was wondering arch why don't you really like withering to death though? it doesn't have nearly as much screaming as Marrow and well even the songs that kind of do like garbage were pretty cool. ='[

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

signal to noise

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on October 04, 2007, 05:16:46 PM
plus for me the best thing about TMOAB were the guitars anyway...they were so awesome. *drools*

oh but i was wondering arch why don't you really like withering to death though? it doesn't have nearly as much screaming as Marrow and well even the songs that kind of do like garbage were pretty cool. ='[

when i first heard Marrow i couldnt tell if the guitars sounded really bad or really good. so after i listened to it like twice straight through, i realized how amazing the recorded sound of the guitars sound. there needs to be more heavy albums with that...crunch and grind that the guitars on Marrow have.

oh and as for WTD and the balance of singing and screaming... and i think that could make it potentially their best album vocal wise. but i mean, iMo WTD could be their best all around album...
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Karasu

Kyo really streches his vocal ability in that album, he reaches falsettos like its no big deal. Hes like Matt Bellamy from Muse in that way. I'm sure Kyo said in an interview he was influenced by Muse.

Do As Eternity 6

WTD is my second favorite album after kisou =] (okay i lie sometimes it changes btw vulgar and WTD but atm and for awhile now it's been WTD) where as on TMOAB i focus mostly on the amazing guitar work ...WTD i can focus on the amazingness of the band as whole. and yes Kyo does some wicked stuff on that record i really liked it =]

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

signal to noise

Quote from: Karasu on October 05, 2007, 04:10:04 AM
I'm sure Kyo said in an interview he was influenced by Muse.

thats cool. its fucking rare to hear people in japanese bands actually naming their influences. its really a shame when they say "oh it just comes from myself" because in all honesty, its the things you like that make who you are. does anyone know what other bands and such Dir en grey have said they are into and that have influenced them? i know Kyo likes Buck-Tick, and i think as a whole they all like X-Japan and Luna Sea (duh), but i havent heard about any other bands they like.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Do As Eternity 6

kyo admires kiyoharu i believe

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

signal to noise

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on October 05, 2007, 06:14:05 AM

oh right i think i knew that one too. and im sure Toshiya is probably inspired by J, considering he crafted the world of jrock bass playing haha.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Kyο

Quote from: signal to noise on October 05, 2007, 08:48:36 PM

oh right i think i knew that one too. and im sure Toshiya is probably inspired by J, considering he crafted the world of jrock bass playing haha.

Kyo had said in an interview that he likes Joy Division..though I'm not sure if they're an influence, since I can't remember the source and I've only heard about two songs. xD
I like going to potlucks and playing backgammon.
32/M/skate park if u wanna cyber.

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Quote from: ObscureWarumono on October 06, 2007, 02:54:00 AM
Quote from: signal to noise on October 05, 2007, 08:48:36 PM

Kyo had said in an interview that he likes Joy Division..though I'm not sure if they're an influence, since I can't remember the source and I've only heard about two songs. xD

Joy Division is awesome. He wins props for that.

mjmclean

I heard that they took a lot of inspiration from stuff like korn and linkin park... that must be why their last album was kinda bleah.