News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Diru

Started by xKojix, August 06, 2007, 08:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

signal to noise

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on October 01, 2007, 12:33:20 AM
yea it sounds secy as hell... O.O i am pleased

yeah its a little more "jrock" to please those who thought all the heavy engrish on Marrow was just filler hahaha.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

zombie8mylunch

diru is one of those bands i never get tired of and i really hope they don't fuck things up with their music....... they should keep it like it is........

非難GO-GO > バクチク

10 seconds doesn't give me any sort of idea. it should be 30s.

Soup Bone had a couple ( as in two ) songs that we ok. I will get the new albums like always and will hope that it is remotely passable.

Me personally they are releasing too much stuff too fast. I'd rather have one album every 2 - 3 years , that usually means that there was a whole lot of work and edits put into it.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

signal to noise

you know i was thinking... Dozing Green, the production of how the instruments sound make it sound like they recorded it in the same session as Marrow. i just think that the way the vocals, guitars, and drums are recorded make it sound like its from the album. anyone else feel that way? but im sure when we hear more than 10 seconds of the chorus it will probably have this weird style that wasnt noted in Marrow.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Karasu

QuoteMe personally they are releasing too much stuff too fast. I'd rather have one album every 2 - 3 years , that usually means that there was a whole lot of work and edits put into it.

It's not as bad as MUCC, they release crap almost every other month. It's horrible, and  by the same singles over and over again, it shows theyre running outta ideas.

signal to noise

Quote from: Karasu on October 02, 2007, 09:29:58 PM
QuoteMe personally they are releasing too much stuff too fast. I'd rather have one album every 2 - 3 years , that usually means that there was a whole lot of work and edits put into it.

It's not as bad as MUCC, they release crap almost every other month. It's horrible, and  by the same singles over and over again, it shows theyre running outta ideas.

they're slowing down a little bit now. this year has been..the two 2 singles, and a live album. but they still are releasing their new single this month and a new crazy dvd. but thats better than when they released like...a single, a mini-album, a live dvd, and another single all 4 months in a row.

a band who releases stuff REALLLLY fast is Nightmare. this year has been a new album, a new single, a live dvd, another new single is out tomorrow, and another single is gonna be out next month. expect another new cd soon hahah.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Kyο

Quote from: signal to noise on October 02, 2007, 08:28:59 PM
you know i was thinking... Dozing Green, the production of how the instruments sound make it sound like they recorded it in the same session as Marrow. i just think that the way the vocals, guitars, and drums are recorded make it sound like its from the album. anyone else feel that way? but im sure when we hear more than 10 seconds of the chorus it will probably have this weird style that wasnt noted in Marrow.

I noticed it too. o_o Maybe it's just that it was recorded in the same studio under similar settings, unlike, for example, the single version of Ryoujoku no Ame (recorded in a studio in Germany) with a different 'sound' to it.
I like going to potlucks and playing backgammon.
32/M/skate park if u wanna cyber.

Karasu

Quote from: signal to noise on October 02, 2007, 10:18:58 PM

they're slowing down a little bit now. this year has been..the two 2 singles, and a live album. but they still are releasing their new single this month and a new crazy dvd. but thats better than when they released like...a single, a mini-album, a live dvd, and another single all 4 months in a row.

a band who releases stuff REALLLLY fast is Nightmare. this year has been a new album, a new single, a live dvd, another new single is out tomorrow, and another single is gonna be out next month. expect another new cd soon hahah.

If anything, I think Dir en grey has chilled out with the releases. They were psycho back in 2002/2003 with releases, but they've calmed down a lot nowadays.

signal to noise

Quote from: ObscureWarumono on October 03, 2007, 03:27:10 AM
Quote from: signal to noise on October 02, 2007, 08:28:59 PM

I noticed it too. o_o Maybe it's just that it was recorded in the same studio under similar settings, unlike, for example, the single version of Ryoujoku no Ame (recorded in a studio in Germany) with a different 'sound' to it.

Yeah i was thinking they just had it under the same settings and such as when recording The Marrow. and on the topic of Ryoujoku no Ame, i hate it when people refer to the Marrow version as a re-recording (not that im saying you were saying this, i dont even know if you did). the drums and vocals were changed. the guitar is literally the same recorded guitar from the single. its nowhere near the complete re-recording of Clever Sleazoid. the level of difference between the single and album versions is like the same as it was for Child Prey.

Quote from: Karasu on October 03, 2007, 03:37:32 AM
Quote from: signal to noise on October 02, 2007, 10:18:58 PM

If anything, I think Dir en grey has chilled out with the releases. They were psycho back in 2002/2003 with releases, but they've calmed down a lot nowadays.

yeah, Diru has really calmed down with their releases, especially compared to the pace of newer bands. Diru releases stuff like as steadily as an american band does, but they just have the singles in between to keep the fans from being bored. they dont even release dvds all that often. i really want another live concert dvd, but im not expecting one until like another single is out. but i really want to see one with all the songs from The Marrow live. and i want another PV dvd, but they've only had like 5 videos since Average Fury & Average Psycho, so they probably wont have another one until the next album.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Karasu

I'm hoping the next live DVD is in America or a culmination of some of the concerts in America.

非難GO-GO > バクチク

I will give deg this , at least they do follow up singles with albums. I despises bands whose whole catalog is allllll singles and random compilations and crap. *cough*mostvkbands*cough*

Cleaver Sleazoid on the album was 10xs better than the single version. I actually liked the album version. I thought the single was amazingly awful , but I'll take that single over the complete entirety of the Soup Bone album.

signal to noise

Quote from: Karasu on October 03, 2007, 09:16:19 AM
I'm hoping the next live DVD is in America or a culmination of some of the concerts in America.

that would be interesting, but i dont see it happening. for the dvds they usually film big shows from japan, and they have yet to do a show in the US the size of one they have done in japan. i'd choose a dvd from Nippon Budokan over any american venue anyday. however, it would be cool to see a jrock dvd with moshing in it.

oh and 마왕, why do you call it Soup Bone???
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Quote from: signal to noise on October 03, 2007, 10:43:01 PM

Mainly because I think it's a silly title. Anything I don't care for  I usually convert the name into something to ammuse me more. Kinda like how I call WTD( withering ) 'wtf' . Those two are my least favorite albums by them , so I never use the correct titles.

It's not really directed twoards anyone or anything. It's just a habit of mine. I do it to almost every band. Another example is Metallicas St.Anger. I call it 'St.we should of stopped'.

Tsunetako

How hilarious, wacky and original! You go girl!

signal to noise

Quote from: 마왕 on October 03, 2007, 11:13:28 PM
Quote from: signal to noise on October 03, 2007, 10:43:01 PM

Mainly because I think it's a silly title. Anything I don't care for  I usually convert the name into something to ammuse me more. Kinda like how I call WTD( withering ) 'wtf' . Those two are my least favorite albums by them , so I never use the correct titles.

It's not really directed twoards anyone or anything. It's just a habit of mine. I do it to almost every band. Another example is Metallicas St.Anger. I call it 'St.we should of stopped'.

i call St Anger "St Trashcan"
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album