News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Diru

Started by xKojix, August 06, 2007, 08:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do As Eternity 6

i thought child prey was only used for like 1 episode?

erm iono i don't necessarily think doing an anime theme is selling out but that's just me...what would be more like it too me would be like if Dir en grey did one of those pepsi commercials or smth xD and the idea of action figures i would kind of put in there but only because it would creep me out but erm i don't quite think that's selling out either >_> but what do i know anyway ^_^;; 

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

mjmclean

Maybe 'selling out' is when an artist stops caring about the music they are making and starts to care more about the money. Every artist wants to make money and wants their art to be a success, but some decide that they'll stick to a formula that works and release merchandise which is unrelated to the mantra of how the band thought previously. They know that they have rabid fanboys/fangirls out there, and they are willing to sacrifice their integrity by ripping their fans off with things they don't need, but will buy just so they have collected everything.

I don't think Dir en grey have sold out. They are changing their sound, which alienates a large percentage of their fanbase, which is like the opposite thing to selling out. It doesn't really matter that Child Prey was used in an anime, seeing as that was still about the music and not about products.

nekki_chibi

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on September 27, 2007, 10:18:48 PM
what would be more like it too me would be like if Dir en grey did one of those pepsi commercials or smth
I'd better like McDonalds CM based on Agitated Screams of Maggots PV footage.
'We love to make you smile'

Do As Eternity 6

^ lol that would be hilarious xD

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

非難GO-GO > バクチク

search youtube for mcdonalds kung-fu , it's great. I'd buy more mickyD's if it came with Kung Fu
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

signal to noise

well back on the subject of Dir en grey and not selling out (i think we've kindof all agreed they have not sold out, some people just dont like their current sound haha)

i think their live dvds are just amazing. but i wish their fanclub was in the US too... the stuff ive seen fomr Blitz 5 Days and Despair in the Womb is some of the best footage i've ever seen of them. but gawwwdddd i love It Withers and Withers, and Code of Vulgar[ism], and 5 Ugly Kindgom. all so amazing.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Do As Eternity 6

LMFAO xD that is almost as good as the scary version ...even though nothing beats the scary version...still i busted a gut

oh and my favorite was blitz 5 days ^^

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

非難GO-GO > バクチク

I own the knot version of blitz , and I've only watched the discs with gauze and macabre songs. I have never taken the dvds out of the package for the other ones. I have no intrest in watching them.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

MY BABY DADDAY P-GWIDDLES

I was a little disappointed when I saw Dir en grey live and they played the exact same show as they did on It Withers and Withers. They play the same show every time.
"vk is a fucking dead fad" - signal to noise

nekki_chibi

Quote from: PrismSub7 on September 28, 2007, 02:18:55 AM
The fries are hot and long
The hamburgers are deep and wide
I'll memorize it in my moleskine, thx :D

signal to noise

Quote from: 마왕 on September 28, 2007, 04:41:17 AM
I own the knot version of blitz , and I've only watched the discs with gauze and macabre songs. I have never taken the dvds out of the package for the other ones. I have no intrest in watching them.

so that means you want to sell it to me and not your other friend person, right?

Quote from: clobberingtyme on September 28, 2007, 07:00:02 AM
I was a little disappointed when I saw Dir en grey live and they played the exact same show as they did on It Withers and Withers. They play the same show every time.

i've seen them 3 times and theres only been 3 songs that they played all 3 times, and there was quite a lot they only played 1 out of the 3 times i've seen them. i saw them at Family Values, Inward Scream 07, and Tour 07 Marrow of a Bone/ Deftones tour and i've gotten a good variety of different songs each time.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

signal to noise

d00ds. sample of Dozing Green on their site. its only like 10 seconds, but that sure beats 0 seconds.

2 minutes in heaven is better than 1 minute in heaven baby.

im digging it. well, the 10 seconds.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Kyο

Quote from: nekki_chibi on September 27, 2007, 10:32:01 PM
I'd better like McDonalds CM based on Agitated Screams of Maggots PV footage.

Yes. Animated Diru heads zipping around a McFlurry. They're the newest topping!

As for action figures/dolls, why does the Shaving Ken doll come to mind? I can see it now..you have a doll of Kaoru, and when you add cold water to his tiny little sponge razor and 'shave' his chin, bye bye beard.

On a more serious note: That sample definitely convinced me to preorder. xD
I like going to potlucks and playing backgammon.
32/M/skate park if u wanna cyber.

Do As Eternity 6

yea it sounds secy as hell... O.O i am pleased

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

MY BABY DADDAY P-GWIDDLES

I never listen to samples. I thought it was a lame idea when it was 30 seconds, but ten? Pshhh.
"vk is a fucking dead fad" - signal to noise