News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Diru

Started by xKojix, August 06, 2007, 08:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do As Eternity 6

pssshhhh the best thing ever would be if they played gyakujou tennou KELOID milk live here ...which i believe they did on ONE very lucky stop on their tour.... that would be fucking mind-blowing love for me right there >.< of course though they can play anything from kisou and vulgar and i'll blow a casket...but let's see if they ever decided out of the blue to play [Kr]cube, egnirys cimredoyh, or berry live here i would die and like it was said earlier mask or mitsu to tsuba >.<! ...and yokan ... mostly because i want to see kyo dance like that live xD

*and seconds karasu's fuck cage sentiments...that song is soooo overrated >.<*

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Karasu

I'm seriously wondering how Hydra is gonna sound all updated now. They should re-make all their harder songs to give them a 'marrow' sound. I know i'll be crucified for saying that, but seriously to hear ZAN with an attitude and ferocity such as The Deeper Vileness....sounds hot.

signal to noise

Quote from: Karasu on September 24, 2007, 04:01:10 AM
I'm seriously wondering how Hydra is gonna sound all updated now. They should re-make all their harder songs to give them a 'marrow' sound. I know i'll be crucified for saying that, but seriously to hear ZAN with an attitude and ferocity such as The Deeper Vileness....sounds hot.

yeah i thought about that. their older heavy songs deserve a truly heavy sound. ZAN would sound nuts, as with Schwein no Isu. the "Geist Seele Wille Zelle" would sound like the "go back to doing" from Garbage. it would be so insane.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

nekki_chibi

Quote from: signal to noise on September 23, 2007, 05:14:27 PM
they JUST started to play Macabre songs again. they JUST started to play old songs again live in general. next time they come to the states, they'll be playing them no doubt.

and how is 'Namamekashiki Ansoku Tamerai ni Hohoemi' just filler and shouldnt be jrock related if its a beautiful song with the lyrics composed completely in japanese?

its one thing if you dont like the bands music. its another thing when you're trying to attack them. i dont see how they even sold out. its not like they perform on tv all the time, or use their songs to advertise various products that have nothing to do with their music. if you argue that their change of sound is selling out... well, they change their sound EVERY album because they dont want to feed their fans the same album but in a series of volumes. oh no they wanted to get bigger outside of japan. boo-hoo. people have ambitions.
omg, s-rry, this suddenly gone too hard - I meant they wanted to sell - sell out is more usable for mucc, or miyavi e.g.
'Namamekashiki Ansoku Tamerai ni Hohoemi' is a simple 'tender song that has to be' - and it does seem filling for me as Withering to death had similarly composed, similarly sounding track - I don't really care about balladish side of Dir en grey since Mushi. Their harder songs sound much more interesting.
Quotepssshhhh the best thing ever would be if they played gyakujou tennou KELOID milk live here
!!

Kyο

Quote from: Karasu on September 24, 2007, 04:01:10 AM

ZAN would sound pretty interesting with a heavier sound, just as long as Kyo still laughs insanely. XD
I like going to potlucks and playing backgammon.
32/M/skate park if u wanna cyber.

MY BABY DADDAY P-GWIDDLES

Laughing insanely is stupid
"vk is a fucking dead fad" - signal to noise

Kyο

I like going to potlucks and playing backgammon.
32/M/skate park if u wanna cyber.

Do As Eternity 6

Quote from: clobberingtyme on September 25, 2007, 04:17:26 AM
Laughing insanely is stupid

it gets the army off your back =D when they called to try and recruit my friend she put -Zan- on the phone and they never called back ... then again this is the same friend who brought  a knife to the door when the Jehovah's witnesses came around lol

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

mjmclean

Quote from: 마왕 on September 23, 2007, 06:58:41 PM
People who normally say a band "sells out" have no idea what they are talking about 90% of the time.

I think a band has 'sold out' once they have action figures, mugs, and other pointless artefacts made which are nothing to do with the music at all.

Excited about the new single. ;D

signal to noise

Quote from: mjmclean on September 27, 2007, 04:22:43 PM
Quote from: 마왕 on September 23, 2007, 06:58:41 PM
People who normally say a band "sells out" have no idea what they are talking about 90% of the time.

I think a band has 'sold out' once they have action figures, mugs, and other pointless artefacts made which are nothing to do with the music at all.

ehh, i dont think action figures necessarily make you sell out. Misfits had action figures in the 80s. of course its the question NOW whether or not theyve sold out... i'd say yes, but not in the 80s. i dont think little peripharels like that make you sell out as long as it still has to do with your band. i mean, hell, i'd want action figures of my favorite bands. but if your music is used to advertise products that have nothing to do with your music, then thats really selling out. like artists whos music is on car commercials and crap.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

fangy89

Quote from: signal to noise on September 27, 2007, 08:29:19 PM
i dont think little peripharels like that make you sell out as long as it still has to do with your band.

Peripherals =/= action figures.

Quote from: signal to noise on September 27, 2007, 08:29:19 PM
but if your music is used to advertise products that have nothing to do with your music, then thats really selling out. like artists whos music is on car commercials and crap.

They give these companies permission to use their songs because it's also advertising their music. Based on your logic, you can say the same thing about band tees since a cotton-polyester blend has nothing to do with their music.

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Dir en grey must of sold out then , because they do have little kubricks of them from years ago. They are for your cell phone.

Eh , I don't think they've sold out , I just think sound wise they have gotten rather bad. That's my only reason for hating on them. I used to be a huge DeG fan , then vulgar , wtd and so on came out and =/

As for the car commercials , that can't even count as selling out either , because they use flloyd's money , and all kinds of bands that are no longer around , or are old and known as classics like metallica and such on commericals for the last 10 years.

When it comes to japanese bands , I think they've sold out once they do an anime intro. I don't like anime all that much , so it irks me to even see it on an anime. B-T has done two anime intros in thier career , and that makes me sad. It attracts like the worse kind of fans when it's on anime.

I would not mind having deg action figures from like raison detre or mitsu to tsuba. I'd rock those on my desk.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

nekki_chibi

Quote from: 마왕 on September 27, 2007, 08:57:34 PM
When it comes to japanese bands , I think they've sold out once they do an anime intro. I don't like anime all that much , so it irks me to even see it on an anime.
Child Prey was used as anime opening, here it goes ))
I can't say that making an anime intro is equal to selling out, but for some bands it's a very fast and...'cheap' way to get popular, when they throw average or below average songs into anime promotion - see LmC, 12012, Ancafe

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Og god , eww , they used L.M.C as a anime song. I heard An Cafe is doing one as well.

What anime was child prey used for? O_o
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

nekki_chibi

Baki the Grappler
I didn't watch the series, but manga pretty sucks imho
there's a sample episode (and separate intro) at http://www.bakithegrappler.com/