News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Diru

Started by xKojix, August 06, 2007, 08:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do As Eternity 6

lol well i wouldn't be surprise if kyo started rapping ... haven't you seen him lately ..he's such a pimp =]

no but actually i'm pretty set on thinking it's a slow song *looking at the pictures on their website and the stuff laround it ...it definately has that roujoku no ame , embryo vibe*. at the same time the name dozing green makes me think of shoegaze or post rock or smth though i doubt it ...we'll see i can't wait for them to put up a freaken sample

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

signal to noise

i really hope its like Ryoujoku no Ame type stuff. i really thought Clever Sleazoid and Ryoujoku no Ame had a good direction in where their music was going, but then they went to Family Values tour and thought "holy crap America loves heavy messy music" so their album took that direction. so hopefully they are back to evolving further from where they were BEFORE Marrow. i kindof wonder if its gonna have like a post-hardcore sound, like more so than Vulgar and Withering did, and not so much of a metal sound as Marrow did. for those who listen to american bands... im thinking along the lines of like Thrice and The Used, like bands who are considered in the post-hardcore genre, but play around with the sound a lot.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

akri

Quote from: signal to noise on August 30, 2007, 10:52:11 PM
new single Dozing Green, 10/24/07. holla. discuss. high hopes?

That Good news!!!!!!!!!
i can't wait!! ;D :D

非難GO-GO > バクチク

That song ( Ryoujoku no Ame ) made me think the album was going to be decent , because that song was decent , boy was a lied to.

I do think it's time for them to disband or try other projects or something.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

Do As Eternity 6

::)

anywhoo i would definitely like it if they went back to withering or vulgar and worked there way from there again =] i liked marrow of a bone but  as far as newer works are concerned vulgar and withering still top it...so if they went back more that route it would be lovely ~

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

fangy89

Dozing Green? WTFoosh? They need to stop. Really.

4skin,

im really pulling for this new single. for me, it'll probably decide for me as to whether i go see them or not. i don't only want to hear things off of marrow of a bone or whatever. i wouldn't mind if they played songs off of withering though.

ghostface

I'm really looking forward to this single. I love the direction their music has taken as of Vulgar and beyond. I like their old stuff too but I think what they're doing now is more exciting.

Quote from: ObscureWarumono on August 30, 2007, 11:48:06 PM
Random thought: Search for Dozing Green to get a bunch of graffiti art/artists sites and a few hip-hop links.

Nice find =] There seems to be an artist named Doze Green. I wonder if he could be their inspiration. But it may be a coincidence. Which makes me wonder if dozing green could be slang for something. Then again, it could be just random.

Karasu

This is supposed to be a serious dicussion forum, not a cheap shot forum, leave that shit for the flame bait section ok children? Thanks.

Anyway, I have no idea what to expect with the new single. Their names have been weird for ages and so because of that, I don't really care about the song title, because that should never dictate how good a song is *looks at an ignorant comment couple of posts up*. So yea I hope for the best, their last singles have been instant listeners for me so I expect no less with them. They're doing great and expanding their sound all over the world, so to disband would be a petty, retarded thing, it wouldn't happen anytime soon.

Vessicator

Except for the fact that their current 'sound' is inferior to that of their previous works. Anyone who's listened to Diru long enough can tell you that their new works thus far have been nothing more but a waste of time an money for both the artists and the fans.

fangy89

Quote from: Karasu on August 31, 2007, 08:31:32 PM
*looks at an ignorant comment couple of posts up*

Silly hypocrite goose, I meant that they should stop coming up with retarded names, not that they should stop making music all together.

Remember kiddies, assuming makes an ass out of both u and me:)

Do As Eternity 6

Quote from: Vessicator on August 31, 2007, 09:12:02 PM
Except for the fact that their current 'sound' is inferior to that of their previous works. Anyone who's listened to Diru long enough can tell you that their new works thus far have been nothing more but a waste of time an money for both the artists and the fans.

depends on the listener...

besides the way i feel about it is if you don't like their new work then don't listen to it ...but there are plenty of people who do so to say they should disband to me is pretty silly. not to mention if they were to disband it would be silly on their part because even if they're losing old fans they're still gaining new ones.(that is if that's their motivation for making music) Even so making music shouldn't be about the fans anyway ...it should be about making music you like and if you get fans in the process then that's all good and well. If they enjoy playing the music they're doing then more power to them and they should continue to do so. If they really really cared about what people or their old fans thought of them they would've disbanded a long time ago when they got all those hateful comments from fans after they first started changing their sound.

Quoteassuming makes an ass out of both u and me.

oh that is so cute xD <3

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

signal to noise

Quote from: neovampire on August 31, 2007, 08:28:59 AM
Here's something they've never done before, disband.
Try that out.  >:(

thats uncalled for. everyone knows that Kyo, Kaoru, Die, Toshiya, and Shinya are all retarded for eachother.

im personally very excited for this single. just because not everyone liked Marrow doesnt mean this single will suck. if you guys havent noticed, none of their albums sound exactly the same. they are a constantly evolving band. if you dont like their current sound, just wait, or just dont fucking complain for once.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Karasu

Quote from: fangy89 on August 31, 2007, 09:28:44 PM
Quote from: Karasu on August 31, 2007, 08:31:32 PM
*looks at an ignorant comment couple of posts up*

Silly hypocrite goose, I meant that they should stop coming up with retarded names, not that they should stop making music all together.

Remember kiddies, assuming makes an ass out of both u and me:)

QuoteI don't really care about the song title, because that should never dictate how good a song is

Uh huh, you didn't read what I said. It's ok, I just corrected you.

Anyway signal, they'll always bitch, because this band stopped doing generic j-rock music, and stopped with the whole refined sound and music that the entire scene was and now is notorious for. They're not like the other Japanese bands out there, and they resent and bitch about it, to try and make themselves feel better.

It's like this, I used to listen to Linkin Park and KoRn...they were good in the beginning for me and I loved them a lot. However, after the years went by, their music didn't appeal to me, so you know what I did? I stopped listening to them and stopped following their music. I haven't heard Minutes to Midnight and I listened to Untitled from KoRn briefly and then deleted it. See, thats what you should with bands you have no more interest in. Instead you got these jap music freaks that bitch about a band for the sake of bitching about a band, because they know they dont like it, yet they'll keep listening to think that maybe the band will pull a 'Cage' or an 'Audrey' out of their asses. It's predictable with this scene's fandom, and it's pathetic.

非難GO-GO > バクチク

I <3 DeG convos. =3

You'll have those that defend them no matter what , and those that don't care for them , or the other 90% of the board who have other stuff to listen to.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/