News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Guy's Family | Viored

Started by 4skin,, July 28, 2007, 07:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4skin,

which group have you grown fond of? do you enjoy both, or just one? i myself never really enjoyed Shulla that much, but i was always a fan of Marusa. now that both of those groups have disbanded, we're presented with these two new promising vk acts.

like many others, i've grown extremely fond of Viored, i do feel that they have a certain edge over Guy's Family. (yes, this is a competition) the fact that both bands are always fighting for certain release dates just adds to the excitement of the release itself. i havent come across a song from either group that i dislike. i just feel as if Viored have not only better members, but better song/music writing ability.

opinions?

Culo

I didn't even knew Viored had any connection to Guy's Family.
I think I heard a song or two by Viored on the CANNONBALL omnibus, and I can't remember it, so I guess it's not of my taste.
Guy's Family, besides having a ridiculous name, were great on the first release, "Namidabayashi" is an awesome song.. their later releases haven't been as good as the first, but they're still a decent band and I always check for their new stuff.
I only know that Shinobu used to be on Vanilla, and I liked the songs he composed there, especially "Assymetry -in fact side A-"
Hmmm and then Kazutake used to be support bassist for Aioria which is a favorite of mine, but not that he would make Guy's Family sound remotely similar to Aioria so that isn't really a point.

Anyway now I got curious, any song recommendation by Viored?
Fag who reads

4skin,

Viored are connected with Guy's Family because Yuichi and Nagi (Viored) were both in Shulla with Kight (Guy's Family).

as for a recommendation, try Viored's newest release; Cold Ruby.

the single has been uploaded in these forums, you can view the PV for Cold Ruby here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDqRRE6akt4  :D

Tsunetako

Viored's obvious Gazette influence bothers me, since I dislike them to begin with, but the music is decent.

I prefer Guy's Family. Each release, to me, sounds different than the one before it. I really like that.

非難GO-GO > バクチク

I really really really don't like Viored. All the songs are very bland and none of them jumped out at me at first listen. I downloaded thier first single or album , I don't remember , it' had alot of tracks. I remember the hype because it was members from Marusa.

I LOVE Marusa , alot. I'm just not impressed with the latter bands that are coming from the members. I listened to a guy's family single , and It didn't impress me either , so I haven't bothered since. I should give both bands a try again , but I don't know.

Have they improved or gotten better since thier earlier releases? I just can't listen to them for some reason , the arrangements or the vocals , I'm not sure which eats me the most about both bands.

Makes me sad about Marusa now. All the VK bands I really like , have always disbanded early like ~Mae'delayla~(SP) , Hybrid zombies ( it's ok because Lynch. came out of it ) , and a few others. =<
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

Do As Eternity 6

i like guy's family. they are great...i wouldn't say one of my favorites but i think they're good. However, i don't like viored...well actually i should listen to their latest stuff but i really didn't like the chaos mini-album, however the song they did for CANNONBALL vol. 3 i liked so maybe i should check out the latest singles.

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Culo

I listened to the Viored song again on the Cannonball omnibus, and yeah I didn't remembered it because it doesn't have any particular sound, they sound averge angsty screamo vk band. The song on that PV Cold Ruby was much better, but still I can't hear originality.
So Guy's Family wins this round for me
Fag who reads

Do As Eternity 6

hmmm i just watched the cold ruby pv ... it's not bad but i just can't get into it i guess >.< i do like the little solo though =]

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

lovetrick

Viored.
Kou is ex HenzeL and Seiya is ex A, the whole band has awesome band lineage.

Guy's Family isn't cute and I don't like the guys voice~

akri

Viored is good band!!
but i don't like Family guy's voice!!

埒々

Kight has one of the most remarkable voices in the whole VK scene, you really know who's singing there.
Kei (Viored) on the other side sounds like many other vocalists... To me, Guy's Family is a lot more distinguishable, but I enjoy both bands... I just like Kight's new band more. They incorporate more interesting genres, they have a nice ring to them and aren't hard on the ears. I can easily listen to them all the time, and they only remind me of shulla, whilst Viored instantly makes me think of old Gazette and several no-name VK bands, because... They just don't sound all that unique.

Masik

カレン

Haha Masik, wtf, you're a member of every fucking band community on LJ, including Viored's.
誰も知らない世界で 流し続けた涙と嘘を隠す
果てしない空の下で
何も見えない視界で 重ね続けた願いを描いて
潤んだ目が渇く日まで