News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Vidoll

Started by wtfuxeric, July 27, 2007, 02:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wtfuxeric

I love this band and I was fortunate enough to see them live at JRock Revolution. They were amazing live and put on a nice show.
We all know they've been signed to a Major label now and have released two singles under Swords Records. When I saw the music video for INNOCENT TEENS and Cloud I was a little surprise to see that they have significantly dropped there image. Like whoa. I am not trying to say they are gonna become like Dir en grey, but it was just new. I mean Rame looked like John Travolta in the movie HairSpray with less makeup. LOL.
I miss the Matina and Undercode Vidoll with all the boody makeup and gothicy stuff, but it's just the way it is when a Visual band is signed and I can only be happy for them because getting signed means they are becoming succesful and that is a good thing.

ANYWAYS.

How do you feel about this band?
Do you love them? Do you hate them?

Discuss vidoll.
:O

Champ213

At first I didn't care much for them. Then I heard Occult Proposal and was hooked. I was really fond of the stuff from the Mukashi futokoro kashi Ningyou shuu Mini-albums and other things they did in that period. Stuff like Mammy x daddy, ...san ga koranda! or Torikabuto.

Their more recent stuff.... I dunno... there's a good song every once in a while, but it just doesn't kick in for me as much as it used to before.

wtfuxeric

^Yeah, I know what you mean.

Do As Eternity 6

i didn't get into them until the very important doll album (very late) but i loved it but even still i didn't lsten to them alot until i saw the PV for shinbu masakomi no kankeisha no kata e ... i was in pure love...so yea after that i took note of them and downloaded the discog and they become one of my favorite bands ^^(not like top 10 favorite but pretty high still i think)...

as for the 2 more recent singles cloud > innocent teens ... and then on the cloud single i like the song high rise buildings better <3 ...i guess i'll wait for the full album till I'm completely sold on the newer sound but i can't say it's terrible because i like it just not as much yet

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

wtfuxeric

Innocent is definately better than cloud & I completely agree about the B-side on cloud.
That song is win.

4skin,

lol, vidoll wont put out another full album for another 10 years, those guys are hooked on singles and the occasional mini-album. all in all, vidoll are a great band, and unlike many other vk acts, they stuck with eachother (Jui, Tero and Rame) despite many member losses. i got a little teary eyed when they finally got signed to a major label. i always used to feel sort of sorry for them due to the fact that when Gazette and Vidoll were both signed to Matina, they did a coupling tour together, and right after that, Gazette seemed to explode into super stardom.

hands up for a Swords Records Presents:

D'espairsRay x Vidoll World Tour!

wtfuxeric

^Oh god.
I would cream if both those bands did a headlining tour in the U.S.

o.o

wtfuxeric

Seriously though, am I the only one who thinks that Rame looks like John Travolta's character in HairSpray in the new music videos?

xD

Culo

I like the old vidoll with ayano. never was a big fan of them but they had some nice tunes back then.

kinda offtopic but Miserable, the band ayano was in before vidoll,  was very good :P
Fag who reads

lovetrick

I really like them. Jui's voice is truly beautiful. But I haven't been liking their releases since Deathmate all that much.

Anonymous_Lulz

i have liked vidoll since '03. they have never left me even tho i dont listen to much VK anymore.  for some reason, they just have this weird amazing unique sound that i cant get enough of.

for awhile though, i did get a little fed up with the fangirls/boys obsessing over Jui. i think that started in...what...'05?...  everyone was all over Jui and none of the other guys, so i kinda shyed away from the band a little just because of all the craziness in batsu/livejournal when a new vidoll post/upload would be made.

now im kinda mild about them. shun and giru dont have that same "sound" that Yukine and Hide gave to the songs.....kinda.....just different.  not to my liking as much.  i still listen to them tho, and i prefer innocent teens to cloud, although they both kinda sound a little too generic to me. rame need to write some more power bass crazy crap soon...

4skin,

Quote from: Naja on July 27, 2007, 04:33:22 AM
I like the old vidoll with ayano. never was a big fan of them but they had some nice tunes back then.

kinda offtopic but Miserable, the band ayano was in before vidoll,  was very good :P

i loved the ayano era, i also loved him in gimmick.

wonderword

I think Vidoll holds the record for being the only VK band in fact that the majority of its members actually DON'T smoke cigarettes.

Tsunetako

Cloud makes me wanna drift off into the clouds..In a good way. I totally dig that single.