News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

the GazettE

Started by signal to noise, July 23, 2007, 11:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karasu

The Recent DVDs of the band. It was just horrible I think.

4skin,

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on July 29, 2007, 07:51:39 PM
^ i agree somewhat... i always thought the older sound sounded more like generic vk in style than the newer sound (no exactly j-rock popish...cuz i think they incorporate a bit more pop in the newer sound but even so i think the mix of the pop elements and the heavy rock elements is great and a lot less messy sounding)... iono when i hear them now i can say ah that's the gazette ...when with the older stuff i couldn't quite do that...i mean i like the old stuff but it just never stood out to me

(and about the production...i dunno if an american helped produce it but i know they came to new york to finish work on the album =] )

about the name change xD i don't think it's a big deal but it is annoying with bands continually changing their names >_> ...the gazette one doesn't bother me that much though i just still call them Gazette and kind of ignore the change =/

exactly. don't let certain things, such as a simple name change, drive you to the brink of insanity. dont like it? ignore it and keep calling them gazette.

signal to noise

Quote from: nekki_chibi on July 29, 2007, 09:22:39 PM
they make mainstreamy, but almost always quality songs, and the only thing i really didn't like were b-sides for Regret\Filth in the Beauty - that sounded totally like uninspired, old, unreleased at its time material.

awwww really? i LOVEDDDD the b-sides from those singles. the ones off Hyena, too. its some of my favorite material the band has done. Crucify Sorrow and Worthless War are DEFINITELY two of my favorite songs by them.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

nekki_chibi

Quote from: signal to noise on July 30, 2007, 12:56:10 AM
awwww really? i LOVEDDDD the b-sides from those singles. the ones off Hyena, too. its some of my favorite material the band has done. Crucify Sorrow and Worthless War are DEFINITELY two of my favorite songs by them.
they're too made of disorder - reila, that's why i didn't like them.

signal to noise

Quote from: nekki_chibi on July 30, 2007, 07:48:52 AM
Quote from: signal to noise on July 30, 2007, 12:56:10 AM
they're too made of disorder - reila, that's why i didn't like them.

ehh the only b-side off their more recent singles that reminds me of Disorder - Reila era stuff is probably Rich Excrement.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

nekki_chibi

Quoteehh the only b-side off their more recent singles that reminds me of Disorder - Reila era stuff is probably Rich Excrement.
add Crucify Sorrow - starting at 0.50 it's more Carry of Disorder and Wortless War that's like Shunsetsu no goro mixed with Uzuku Aza to Yugamu Ura. Sounds really sad as I have my favorite old songs of gazette, and listen to them more often than new (not to mention Stacked Rubbish, I like most part of it)

琴乃

I really love this band *-*

The guys put so much effort on their music, and the vocals are also great! Ruki has one of the most beautiful voices imo.

My favorite songs from them are Cockroach, Taion, Miseinen, Regret, Chizuru, Sumire, Akai one piece, The $ocial Riot Machine$, Carry?, Saraba, Bath Room, Cassis, Baretta, Last Bouquet, Filth in the Beauty, Sugar Pain, Mad Marble Hell Vision, Hyena, People Error...

And, in general, the whole NIL, Gama and Madara albums.

signal to noise

the GazettE is lending a cover of Luna Sea's "Desire" for the upcoming tribute album.

yes?!
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album