News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

exist†trace

Started by fangy89, July 14, 2007, 07:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wtfuxeric

I don't see what the big deal is about their new look and them looking like everyone else.
They already have something that seperates them from most VK bands. They are an ALL GIRL visual kei band.
:O

fangy89

Quote from: wtfuxeric on July 21, 2007, 01:34:52 AM
I don't see what the big deal is about their new look and them looking like everyone else.
They already have something that seperates them from most VK bands. They are an ALL GIRL visual kei band.

They're not the only all-girl VK band though...

Pinky-sama

I think this band is fucking awful, and it's annoying that they get so much attention because of their gender.  The idea of a female, hard rock visual band is great; I want to see more women in the scene, and especially ones who belong there, and have enough talent and determination to stand out in a male-dominated genre, but they fall short of the mark.

Maybe if they could learn how to play, and their vocalist removed the pubes from the back of her throat, maybe.

Honestly, I don't think a lot of you would admit to liking them if they were male. 

fangy89

Quote from: Pinky-sama on July 21, 2007, 08:48:56 PM
Honestly, I don't think a lot of you would admit to liking them if they were male. 

But...then Jyou's voice wouldn't sound the same, and I happen to like her voice. There's actually not that many male vocalists I like.

Do As Eternity 6

actually i would like them if they were male ...like i said i didn't like them at first but i think they're improving lots... and once again it's really not like their the only female vk band =_=

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

reddish

It's all about personal taste, if they suck to you they might not to anyone else..
I personally (shamefully, yes) thought they were all guys.. and I thought I'd keep a eye on them until they released something.

A few weeks later, they release something and I thought the vocalist was strange sounding. So like a idiot, I listened to them, this brand new MALE band.

Then someone told me they were female, and I flipped out. Did I like them more? no, just the same.

I was very shocked to see them where they are, which is as you know, Sequence Records. I thought that was really interesting, seeing as Danger Gang and similar aren't even that far.

My opinion on these ladies, is that they, sure, are beautiful, but I like their music not their gender. That's pretty shallow.

I'm sure there are a few vk fans that do have brains, and enjoy music the way it was originally intended. Not this fan boy/girl fest of "Oh my god he/she is so sexy!" sex appeal only goes so far.

These girls go past this. They have a powerful guitarist, bassist, and drummer. Not to mention that Jyo has a very nice voice. I happen to love their lyrics a lot too.

Pinky-sama

Quote from: fangy89 on July 21, 2007, 09:14:47 PM
Quote from: Pinky-sama on July 21, 2007, 08:48:56 PM

But...then Jyou's voice wouldn't sound the same, and I happen to like her voice. There's actually not that many male vocalists I like.

That wasn't my point.  I mean that they get attention because they're female in most cases, not because they have talent.

It's not a personal attack, and I didn't direct what I said to every single person who posted a reply to this topic (I said "a lot of you", after all), but you have to admit, they wouldn't be half as popular if they were male, given their playing.

Same goes for デンジャー☆ギャング though I think they're actually talented and show promise. 

akri

i heve a question:they men or women!? ???

reddish

R'oma

Miko - my future wife ^^
~☆Visual piggY☆~

akri

reddish

It's okay akri, I used to think Shinya was one of the most beautiful (female) drummers I've ever seen. Well when they were VK.

Has anyone heard exist†trace's new single liquid?

fangy89

Quote from: パニック姫 on July 22, 2007, 07:29:19 PM
Has anyone heard exist†trace's new single liquid?

Yep. And I was disappointed  :'(

Do As Eternity 6

yea i wrote what i thought about it on the second page =/ it was okay the only song i really loved was halt

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Formless

I think it's far better than their old stuff. It has GOOD production, and it doesn't sound hollow. And most importantly, I didn't shut it off before the songs ended!

It's weird with VK fans. Most of the time "less is better" comes to mind. It's like VK fans LIKE crappy production and bad writing. I dunno. -shrug-