News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

exist†trace

Started by fangy89, July 14, 2007, 07:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fangy89

First off: Yay for intelligent discussions!  :D

Anywho. So yeah, exist†trace is coming out with the new liquid single in 4 days and I'm looking forward to it. I think they're progressing well as a band and Jyou's singing is getting much better, as are their composing skills. I'm not too fond of their new look though...it seems too 'generic'. But yeah, so what are people's opinions?  ;D

Do As Eternity 6

ah i like exist(can't make the crossy thingy)trace and I'm excited for the upcoming single too. I think they are definitely getting better because when i first heard them i wasn't all to into them. I thought they were good but nothing I'd listen to often but they've been progressing well and i can't wait to see how well they do with the new single. ^^

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Yumeko

I should check them out more then if they're getting better.  Because to be honest; when I first heard them I thought it was cool they were an all girl vk band; but the music wasn't anything special that I would listen to over again.  I think it'd help them out if they changed their fashion; because they really don't stand out too much.  I know part of that is because they are an indie band; but if they went for something a little more original; I think it'd really help them.
drawing by me...

fangy89

Quote from: Yumeko on July 14, 2007, 08:33:26 PM
I should check them out more then if they're getting better.  Because to be honest; when I first heard them I thought it was cool they were an all girl vk band; but the music wasn't anything special that I would listen to over again.  I think it'd help them out if they changed their fashion; because they really don't stand out too much.  I know part of that is because they are an indie band; but if they went for something a little more original; I think it'd really help them.
They recently changed their look:

Personally, I liked their old one better. This one just looks like 'everyone else'.
Yeah their music at first was kind of simple, especially JUDEA, but I think they've been slowly improving. The guitar-work seems to be getting less sluggish and more technical, I mean it's still not all "zomg amazing!" but I do think they have a lot of potential. And Jyou is actually starting to sing now! lol

Tsunetako

What I find amusing is when the people that usually attack fangirls and the like.. fanboy over exist trace.

fangy89

Quote from: Tsunetako on July 14, 2007, 09:02:58 PM
What I find amusing is when the people that usually attack fangirls and the like.. fanboy over exist trace.

Who here is 'fanboy-ing?' And who here (in this thread) is even a guy??

4skin,

the vocalist has a terrible voice. perhaps it'll sound better on this new single.

Do As Eternity 6

is that their new look >.< awww i liked the older one better =/ this one kinda reminds me of d'ray for some reason...

haha i was wondering the same thing....maybe she/he doesn't mean anybody here but in general...cuz i know i've seen guys get pissed off at fan girls then high five each other and go dude she's hot like it's smth different =/

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

fangy89

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on July 14, 2007, 09:17:36 PM
is that their new look >.< awww i liked the older one better =/ this one kinda reminds me of d'ray for some reason...

haha i was wondering the same thing....maybe she/he doesn't mean anybody here but in general...cuz i know i've seen guys get pissed off at fan girls then high five each other and go dude she's hot like it's smth different =/

Yeah I know, it's so disappointing. Seems like they're following all the VK trends lol.

I've seen people like that too. It just confused me cuz I was all "eh? fanboy?" and it was pretty random. But whatevah, moving on.

Do As Eternity 6

yea, tis a shame cuz i always thought they looked pretty cool ^^ maybe it's just a phase *hopes*

lol yea it was kinda random haha through me off a bit too

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

Tsunetako

Quote from: fangy89 on July 14, 2007, 09:06:32 PM

I'm not talking about anyone in here, don't get it me wrong. It's just in other places, I meant. Sorry about that.

fangy89

Quote from: Tsunetako on July 14, 2007, 09:38:34 PM
Quote from: fangy89 on July 14, 2007, 09:06:32 PM

I'm not talking about anyone in here, don't get it me wrong. It's just in other places, I meant. Sorry about that.

Ah okay, gotcha.

Yumeko

*Looks at the new look* I like some of the changes.  I mean; now they look like a real VK band and not some girls off the street that I might see in my Gothic and Lolita Bible magazines.  BUT...I agree they do look very generic VK now.  But they're still new; I think they'll grow.

In regards to fanboys vs fangirls...both can be bad...at the same time; it can't be helped.  I mean I was in the second row in the middle and like 10ft away from Gackt at the S.K.I.N. debut and before the concert I had snuck into the arena with my friend and saw Yoshiki practicing piano and drums on stage.  I was so hyped up for that concert; I admit; I was a total fangirl and screaming the whole time.  BUT I did manage to hear the music and I quieted down at the right parts when they were playing softly or talking.  I just think; if you are going to fault fangirls than don't be one yourself.  Like the saying; don't throw stones if you live in a glass house; or something like that lol; ya know what I mean.

SOooo...I think I have all of Exist Trace music; what songs do you all recommend?
drawing by me...

Do As Eternity 6

hehe it's true it looks a bit more professional but meh i kinda like that whole girl off the street thing haha

as for fan boy vs. fan girl.. to be honest i don't have real problems with either...it's natural to fangirl/boy just some people are so hard-core about it... what bothers me is liking a band just for their looks ...that's what truly bothers me about hard-core fan girl-boys... there's nothing wrong with being liking the looks and thinking thats hot or w.e just don't make that the only criteria for choosing music ^^;; ... i actually kinda like talking to normal fan girl/boys a bit more then the elitist types cuz fan people can be seriously hilarious xD and iono i figure I'm a fan girl lol just not a rabid one >_>

i really like The Colors , venom, sacrifice baby, water, & marchen

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

fangy89

Quote from: Yumeko on July 14, 2007, 10:21:32 PM
*Looks at the new look* I like some of the changes.  I mean; now they look like a real VK band and not some girls off the street that I might see in my Gothic and Lolita Bible magazines.  BUT...I agree they do look very generic VK now.  But they're still new; I think they'll grow.

In regards to fanboys vs fangirls...both can be bad...at the same time; it can't be helped.  I mean I was in the second row in the middle and like 10ft away from Gackt at the S.K.I.N. debut and before the concert I had snuck into the arena with my friend and saw Yoshiki practicing piano and drums on stage.  I was so hyped up for that concert; I admit; I was a total fangirl and screaming the whole time.  BUT I did manage to hear the music and I quieted down at the right parts when they were playing softly or talking.  I just think; if you are going to fault fangirls than don't be one yourself.  Like the saying; don't throw stones if you live in a glass house; or something like that lol; ya know what I mean.

SOooo...I think I have all of Exist Trace music; what songs do you all recommend?

Well yeah, everyone's got a little fanboy/girl in em...it's just a matter of when you decide to 'release' em lol. I just can't stand the 24/7 "I worship at the shrine of ____" ones. They scare me o_o.

Aaaand my favorites are JUDEA (not the best song in the world but an awesome one to head-bang to  ;D), Maboroshii mado no kurayami no naka de, end-less, water, Kiba (kinda slow, sad-ish song), Anecdote, and Marchen. They don't really have that much stuff so you could give everything a once-over, actually lol.