News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

LIVE EARTH

Started by 4skin,, July 07, 2007, 05:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4skin,

anyone watching? this seems interesting so far. however i think abingdon boys school will steal this.  ;)

Do As Eternity 6

it looks good i like pretty much all of the exceopt for rihanna, kumi koda, and linkin park (oh but whose the old guy michal w..e can't remeber)  but ABS is definatly my favorite performing so best of lucks to them all i only wish i could watch it on my tele but i'm sure they won't bother to air their part over here >.<

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

4skin,

hmm, where are you from? because if you can see live earth japan right now, you'll definately see abingdon sooner or later.

Do As Eternity 6

well New york USA ... but i'm not sure if it will be on the tele ...are they streaming it online? so the one in tokyo already started huh? i keeps forgetting the time difference =_=

plus i don't think i'll be able too ...since my mom's sprung the surprise on me this morening we're going out somewhere ...well if you see it tell me how it goes ^^

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

4skin,

the tokyo show started last night at 11:00PM for your time zone, and ended at 8:00AM this morning. it was a very long show, but i ended up watching the entire thing, seeing as when it comes out on DVD all of the japanese artists will be chucked out. but other than that, Ai Otsuka was my favourite performer, she was really fun. but Koda and Abingdon Boys School were also pretty kickass. RIZE also played hide's pink spider which was great. all in all, an amazing free concert. linkin park werent bad either.

the artists on the tokyo bill included:

Rihanna (headliner)
Koda Kumi
Linkin Park
Abingdon Boys School
Michael Nyman
AI
Ayaka
Yellow Magic Orchestra
RIZE
Cocco
Genki Rockets
RIP SLYME
Bonnie Pink
UA
Xzibit

Xzibit was fun too, the crowd really got into him.

凸(。☉౪ ⊙。)▁▇▀▀▀~~~卍

?? YELLOW MAGIC ORCHESTRA !!! omg they performed!!! wow. BEST trippy band ever!
ramrod - Man of ur wetdreams

Do As Eternity 6

oh gawd i wish i knew >.< it sounded awesome  ...and your right they won't put them on the DVD =_= well i'm glad to know it was great and ai otsuka really did well ^^ that's nice to hear actually, i thought she'd do well but to hear she was one of the best is interesting ..when i was looking at the list of performers this morning i didn't see xzibit though xD haha that must have been interesting...just one more thing though how were yellow magic orchestra and genki rockets performances i was also interested in how they would be live since i haven't seen lives of them before

oh i may be in luck it looks like some people have recorded it but only a few perfs so far ~

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

4skin,

Genki Rockets opened the show, but the entire performance was a hologram. it was a bit confusing at the beginning. Yellow Magic Orhestra were good too, i enjoyed that performance alot, it was really different. overall, i'd say the crowd got the most out of linkin park. the entire sea of people was jumping up and down. btw, if you want to see any of the japanese performances, most of them have been uploaded over at jpopsuki.

Do As Eternity 6

yea i just looked and got excited lol ^^...I'm also watching the stream  at MSN now and bonnie pink is o xD  i'm not sure if this old or really live but if the times you said are right this has already happened oh wells ...

and also thank you for the report ^^  genki rockets perf. was a hologram ..interesting i don't know much about them but i downloaded some songs of their before and it sounded good...so that's a bit interesting xD

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

4skin,

yeah the concert has ended, but like you said, im sure that there are a ton of places showing recaps. and genki rockets' entire setlist was sung in english, im not sure if thats strange or not.

Do As Eternity 6

no it's not strange most of the songs  have of them are english...actually they're relatively new i know because the single/mini-album thingy i d/l of them was on jpopsuki a few days ago and it was their debut single and it was apparently new... i just kind of looked a bit up on them and well i'm not sure if theirs a set amount of people behind the group but i think it's just some kind of concept project that involves different artists:

here's a video and on the side is a kinda of description of them and the lyrics to that particular song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL2od1AF_Cs  which explains to me why they would perform as a hologram ...i guess it's kind of i the vain of the gorillaz xD

EDITS _ ripped from the torrent:
QuoteBut anyway, this is one awesome piece of music. Some of you might know Genki Rockets from the PSP game "Lumines II" - there it was featured together with the PV. =)
To be exact this music group was created by Tetsuya Mizuguchi's Q-Entertainment for the video game Lumines II and Lumines Live only. The singer you hear does not even really "exist". Its a voice created using a "vodocoder" by mixing voices of well known singers, dont ask me which. xD
So Lumi-chan was created. And i'd say this is one awesome creation there.

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

4skin,

i recognize that song, they played that in mid set, im sure of it. it was pretty entertaining, but confusing at the same time. have you seen the abingdon recaps yet? it was awesome how they came out of nowhere with howling.

Do As Eternity 6

yea i watched the perf. last night my eyes were so heavy cuz they didn't come up again til 1 or 2 am xD but it was really awesome!!!and yea they way they it came out was lovely i love the intro xD~ and Lost Reason was my fav perf. I'm glad they ended up playing basically everything too hehe (but of course they only have so much to play)

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

signal to noise

does anyone know where i can see the abingdon boys school performance? i really really want to see it. and im guessing they play every song off their singles and thats about it?
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Do As Eternity 6

yup you can view it here: http://liveearth.msn.com/concerts/japan

they put it up today where you can skip around through the performances ^^ enjoy!

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか