News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

serious music discussion forum

Started by Yumeko, July 05, 2007, 07:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klavierbarrette

i generally try to avoid the flamers, i think the problem is more on the other end, the people they're flaming. trying to defend yourself even if you feel it's called for (i get my fair share of flames) just makes it worse.

we have a lot of flamers/trolls here and while i like some of them, sometimes it's totally uncalled for.

fangy89

Quote from: klavierbarrette on July 07, 2007, 06:50:30 AM
i generally try to avoid the flamers, i think the problem is more on the other end, the people they're flaming. trying to defend yourself even if you feel it's called for (i get my fair share of flames) just makes it worse.

we have a lot of flamers/trolls here and while i like some of them, sometimes it's totally uncalled for.

Mhm mhm...tru dat.

Alice the Sister

Quote from: DO on July 07, 2007, 04:07:26 AM

Heh you guys are just negative. But in general if the forum is not up to your "standards" then you can simply not post here.

Being negative? Noooo.

Pessimistic perhaps.

I like Tonberry sometimes, I just don't think we're capably of having mature discussions. Not that I require this from out of my Tonberry experience, so I guess it wouldn't be part of my "standards". Because if it was, then I definitely wouldn't be posting here.

I'm only here for the cute girls on the covers of all those albums posted in the download area.
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

Yumeko

what if this forum was password protected so only people that would use it right would have the password.  The only problem is is how do you decided who gets the password?  It's easy to pick who shouldn't get the password but heh yah
drawing by me...

DO

It's so easy to set up a system that would make Tonberry exclusive but thats not what I was aiming for when I created the site.

Yumeko

^ well I don't like password protected things either; but there are -a lot- of flamers here.  And I guess it comes down to keeping things the way they are and letting flamers hijack threads and ruin discussions or having one password protected forum to reward those that follow the rules and want to hang around here for more than just leeching.
drawing by me...

Do As Eternity 6

^ agreed. even if we had just one place to actually discuss things without our threads getting hijacked it would be nice...i don't like the idea of putting passwords on things either but i rather have at least a place for actual discussions than knowing pretty much when you make a thread it's going to get hijacked eventually

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

ipetcats

This is a good idea, but you like Alice the Sister keeps hinting, I don't think we're actually capable of discussions without arguing.  Personally, I like going to Batsu.org and reading their, "discussions."  They don't argue, but their I.Q.'s are nothing to be proud of (haha).

Although I give you props for trying, this just isn't a good idea.

joesushi

Reviews would be a great idea or just a section for serious, fair music discussion.

wonderword

Quote from: joesushi on July 13, 2007, 05:52:08 AM
Reviews would be a great idea or just a section for serious, fair music discussion.

I can't even think about the flamewars that would result from a review section. It's painful to do so.

Yumeko

@ ipetcats

Well I know -I'm- capable of having a serious discussion and I know there are others here like myself that could handle such discussions.  It's too bad you don't include yourself in that group.

@ Joesushi

If there was a forum like that here; people would report the flamers in there; I know I would.  And as long as mods follow up and penalize the people breaking the rules; then there should be no problems.  The reason people think a thread like this won't work is because there are a lot of flamers here that get away with a lot of shit and they're still here dishing it out and nobody is making them leave.  I mean there are some members here that I would've banned by now; but they're still here.  On top of that; I've seen people's threads get hijacked and one time one such thread was moved to the flame pit so then the flames were then allowed?  *shakes head* I know the admin moved it; but I still don't agree that was right unless the originator of the topic agreed it should be moved.

My suggestion is that the forum for serious discussions be set up so that you can ban the flamers from that forum.  For example; the forum could be set up for everyone to be allowed to post on it; but then anyone that starts flaming in there maybe gets a warning and if they keep doing it then they get banned from that forum specifically.  So then when they sign onto this site; they'll see everything -but- that forum.
drawing by me...

非難GO-GO > バクチク

It's a good idea. I know I personally will not participate in alot of them , since I don't listen to alot of the VK that's talked about , but it's nice to have a actual discussion , rather than a Flame war.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

Champ213

Without active moderation a review section will just be flame pit IV (after the flame pit, the general forum and the DD forum).   :-\
Anyway, this is in its core the same discussion we had a while back here. I think the mods were changed after that but things aren't really much different now, are they? The admins' position seems to be laissez-faire-and-if-you-don't-like-it-leave-it. Fair enough. But then nobody should be surprised that 95% of the registered users just come here to leech the downloads.

There's nothing wrong with a good argument, but the childish flames in many threads here aren't good arguments.  :P

Or did I end up in Monty Python's Argument clinic without noticing?  ;)

Man:  I came here for a good argument.
Arguer:   No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.

Yumeko

Well it's very tempting to start a forum of my own for discussions and possibly direct downloads.

@ Arch

discussions don't just have to be about VK; but any artists actually.

@ Champ

You're right; I guess you can't expect people to participate much when the extent of their participation is mostly leeching. *sighs*
drawing by me...

klavierbarrette

review forum/discussion forum = good idea in theory, but i think the flamers would flock to it.

i mean that's just setting it up for them....'DID YOU LIKE AN CAFE'S NEW SINGLE???'

yeah, we know how many oshare haters we have here.