News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

serious music discussion forum

Started by Yumeko, July 05, 2007, 07:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yumeko

I notice in direct downloads that some albums/singles/artists/etc invoke a discussion of people's views and thoughts on the album.  Aside from one or two childish/ignorant remarks; usually everyone is fairly objective and the discussion is quite interesting.  I think it would be nice to have a forum just for serious discussions on music related topics specifically things like the above mentioned.  I know some people post stuff in general chat or the flame pit; but I feel like the flame pit is most definately not appropriate for what I'm suggesting and just the general chat area I don't think is appropriate as trying to have any kind of serious discussion there seems futile.  I think it would be great to have a moderated forum specifically for serious music discussion related to albums/singles/artists or concerts; ya know things that can be reviewed and stuff.
drawing by me...

Do As Eternity 6

ah like a review section? i think that would be nice ^^

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Yumeko

^well kinda like a review section.  But more sort of a place for people to discuss.  Kinda like what people started doing in the GazettE stacked rubbish thread in direct downloads.
drawing by me...

Do As Eternity 6

yea i know what you mean ^^ i think it's a good idea cuz like you said we have certain artists threads in the general or flame-pit sections and it turns out to be either full out war or not a real serious discussion...also this would include more of  a discussion about the particular artists works or whatever which would be the whole kind of review aspect right

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

Yumeko

^ yah; I think it would be good.  It'd get people into more intelligent discussions and things would have to stay civil since it's not the flame pit or general chat.
drawing by me...

ZeroDyne

Try it in general discussion and see what happens. If it becomes fanboy land, you can use that as evidence :D

Yumeko

^ it's already been done.  just looking at any thread there and see.
drawing by me...

Alice the Sister

Is tonberry capable of this sort of discussion?
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

Yumeko

^ heh I don't really know.  But at least if there was a forum for it and moderators moderated it; I think it could work.  Cause there are enough people that post in direct downloads that manage to keep things together.
drawing by me...

Champ213

The moderators in this forum still mostly seem to shine through their absence.  ::)
Flames pop up everywhere, in the general discussion forum, the download threads... and the flames are getting more and more stupid too. Flames about kanji tattoos? Those ridicoulus wars about the pros and cons of giving credit (or demanding it when people didn't even rip it themselves)? This place is hopeless.  :D

Do As Eternity 6

we have mods o.O really i keep on forgetting =_=;;

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

DO

Quote from: Champ213 on July 07, 2007, 03:14:26 AM
The moderators in this forum still mostly seem to shine through their absence.  ::)
Flames pop up everywhere, in the general discussion forum, the download threads... and the flames are getting more and more stupid too. Flames about kanji tattoos? Those ridicoulus wars about the pros and cons of giving credit (or demanding it when people didn't even rip it themselves)? This place is hopeless.  :D

Quote from: Do As Eternity 6 on July 07, 2007, 03:48:38 AM
we have mods o.O really i keep on forgetting =_=;;

Quote from: Alice the Sister on July 07, 2007, 02:31:41 AM
Is tonberry capable of this sort of discussion?

Heh you guys are just negative. But in general if the forum is not up to your "standards" then you can simply not post here.

Do As Eternity 6

Quote from: DO on July 07, 2007, 04:07:26 AM

Heh you guys are just negative.

yup yup sounds like me always viewing the glass half empty ya know =P

i was just kidding anyway but seriously though i almost never see them...the first time i actually knew we had mods was when that one topic in the general section got hijacked with trolls and it got teh thrown in the flame-pit yup yup

EDITS _ i just realized that thread was moved by you xD so i guess i didn't know we had mods until you made guidecca one yup yup that was when...

but anyway it doesn't matter the end point of all this is it would be nice to have an extra forum like this but it would only work if it were looked after a bit better then the general section is 

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか

Champ213

Quote from: DO on July 07, 2007, 04:07:26 AM

Heh you guys are just negative. But in general if the forum is not up to your "standards" then you can simply not post here.

I mostly post my uploads here, because this forum seems to have the greatest audience of people who are likely to be interested in the stuff I upload.  :P (Except maybe after Batsu, but Batsu is worse for other reasons....)

I sometimes drop a line in the discussion forum, but the threads usually go down pretty quickly thanks to trolls and become uninteresting. *shrug* So yeah, when it comes to "serious music discussions" I actually do post elsewhere.

fangy89

I think the main reason there are so many flames is because of the maturity level...or the lack of one I should say (I'm not one to talk lol but there are definitely people more immature and annoyingly obnoxious than me). There's always those handfuls of incredibly bright people who go "this album sux. Period." and then have more of those same wonderful people attack them with flames. Hm...that description makes me think of a bunch of fire-breathing third-graders with PMS. But yeah anywho, even the people who actually form intelligent opinions get a bunch of these PMS-ers attacking them. I'm for this whole serious discussion forum thing, I'm just sayin that unless it is super duper heavily moderated with the flamers (and that makes me think of gay people! Yay!) being given warnings or kicked out all together, it doesn't really seem possible.

And that's my two cents. Obvious, yet pointless.  :D