News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

SKIN

Started by residentevilrulz, June 28, 2007, 07:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice the Sister

So any reports on the Skin concert?
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

Do As Eternity 6

well at the link hitler gave there are youtube links to video from the concert

EDIT_ me just watched but it's all sooo short and the usual bad sound.. but i think i may have liked a bit of what i heard xD maybe

i think this vid is better : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYh2CMY-2M4&mode=related&search=

has there entrance and most of the first song

on this one the song is clearer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8nq9lRphDM&NR=1

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Furik

Sounds nice despite all the fans screaming.
That said, I don't think there will ever be future live fotage that will be clear enough to hear.  :-\

Formless

http://www.mendoi-fansubs.com/music/skin/

Third video is the only one worth watching. Pretty okay quality on the sound.

Modulate God

Kind of disapointed they didn't find a bass player before the debut so they have to have a support bassist from GacktJOB. Oh well

residentevilrulz

They should have just gotten Yu~Ki from Malice Mizer..

wtfuxeric

Quote from: residentevilrulz on July 01, 2007, 09:36:43 AM
They should have just gotten Yu~Ki from Malice Mizer..
srsly
:O

Modulate God

Don't I wish! God I love Yu~ki. He wasn't the best but he was good, and was a solid composer to boot from what we heard of his one example from ten years.

..Shame he's stuck in his chocolate house and no one but Közi knows where that magical place is located.

Formless

Yu~Ki? Why? There's nothing amazing about him at all. They should've gotten Hitoki (ex-Kuroyume) or Ka~yu (Janne da Arc). Yu~Ki is average, at best.

signal to noise

Quote from: Formless on July 01, 2007, 04:35:38 PM
Yu~Ki? Why? There's nothing amazing about him at all. They should've gotten Hitoki (ex-Kuroyume) or Ka~yu (Janne da Arc). Yu~Ki is average, at best.

i nominate J.
best jrock bassist ever?
who cares if SKIN already has an ex-Luna Sea member.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Formless

Quote from: signal to noise on July 01, 2007, 07:02:07 PM

i nominate J.
best jrock bassist ever?

Hm, well, J and Sugizo didn't get along in LUNA SEA, so I don't know how well that'd go.

signal to noise

Quote from: Formless on July 01, 2007, 08:08:10 PM
Quote from: signal to noise on July 01, 2007, 07:02:07 PM

i nominate J.
best jrock bassist ever?

Hm, well, J and Sugizo didn't get along in LUNA SEA, so I don't know how well that'd go.

oh ok, i can never follow who gets along with who in the jrock world haha. well thats a shame, since they are both extremely talented and would probably work very well together again if they got along.
REQUESTS!!!!!
OOOOO a.k.a. MUGEN album

Yumeko

OH MY GOD!!! The concert was awwwwwwwesome! My friends and I got in the second row (I was seat 13, section B, row 2 and friends were on either side of me) almost smack dab in the very middle. Gackt was so close to me; seriously like 10ft away!!! Miyavi was on the left to me maybe like 15ft or so away; Sugizo to my right just a little, also about 10ft; and Yoshiki was in the back. There was also a support bassist; Ju-ken from Gackt-job (Gackt's support band). [[I apologize in advance for fangirly comments; but I guess I'm one of the rare people that likes -all- the members of SKIN...anywho...]]Miyavi was soooo cute. Gackt was incredibly sexy and did all those familiar Gackt faces and hip wiggles and groping himself, so hot. He spoke in english; it was good but his pronunciation was bad so it was difficult to understand him. But at some points it was easy; it helped to be so close :P He said Miyavi was like his little brother and he said when he introduced Sugizo that "two years ago I -hated- this guy but now he is my best friend". Then when he introduced Yoshiki you could tell that he really admires him because it was a long introduction.

Best of all was the Gackt X Miyavi fanservice. I hoped for fanservice and hoped for Gackt Miyavi fanservice (because it'd be so very unexpected since those two seem like the least likely to ever share a stage) but I could not for the life of me imagine it. Basically Miyavi was Gackt's grateful uke LOL (well that's how he acted). There was one part when Gackt was coming down some stairs and Miyavi bowed and waved his hand in like a grandeur like motion. And then at another point they were cheek to cheek a lot. And then perhaps my favorite part was when Miyavi was on his knees in front of Gackt and Gackt took a big gulp of water and then spit it out, like a big mist of water, and then Miyavi leaned back and opened his mouth; it was so suggestive and dirty; but everybody liked it XD (again excuse the fangirly comments...I can't help that I'm a sucker for fanservice...in my defense I can say that I'm honestly a fan not because of their looks or anything...but admitedly all that and fanservice is a plus in my book *dodges rocks*).

There was lots more stuff that happened; you can see some clips on youtube (from far away and with horrible audio that seemed to record the screaming more than the songs.  Honestly; even with all the screaming the music was so loud you could hear it quite clearly.) if you search for 'SKIN concert'. Anywho; before the concert Rachel (my friend) and I, some how weaseled our way passed security and snuck into the arena and actually saw Yoshiki practicing drums (this was at about *thinks* 1:30pm maybe or a bit later. Nobody was making us leave and it was very tempting to just stay there but we wanted to hit the restroom before getting in line. Now that I think on it; if I didn't have to go to the bathroom at the time and I knew what I know now (concert started way fucking later than 3:30pm); I would've just stayed in the arena until Gackt and the rest came on stage to practice.  I think part of the reason we didn't get kicked out was because we weren't dressed in cosplay or jrock clothes; we were both dressed in like business casual clothes on top of wearing our badges which 'sort of' resembled the staff badges if you didn't look too closely at the size of the badge or the big fat green frog on it.

Well I'd like to report more; but I haven't slept in over 24hrs; I didn't even sleep on the plane home.  I missed home and missed my other hobbies and all that. Hopefully I can get to that soon. I have to say that I hate hollywood and LA in many aspects.  I guess I'm just used to my small town with minimal traffic and people.  Long Beach around the convention center was beautiful but damn all there was to do there was eat or shop at borders or rent a segway.  Anywho *HUGS* I missed it here TT____TT

PS: I have to add that I really liked all their clothes at the concert.  It was really good the way they did it because their styles and colors matched so they looked like a band yet all the members were able to stay true to their own styles which was really nice to see.  I would've hated to see Gackt in something totally out of character or to see Miyavi in something way toned down.  I really liked the way they did it.  The music was very good too.  It was harder then what Gackt normally does I think; but he sang the songs very well and you could definately hear Gackt in the music and where he influenced each song as well as where Yoshiki influenced the music.  The guitar parts were great and allowed for each guitarist to really be themselves.  Now that I think about it; I'm not sure if Miyavi had rhythm or Suigizo did...I know at one point Sugizo was playing lead in one of the songs.  But often it seemed so blended and meshed; I wonder if they switched off a little.
drawing by me...

凸(。☉౪ ⊙。)▁▇▀▀▀~~~卍

let me get this straight.
gackt squirted his moist water all over miyavi's face, oh god...

its like crack whore and plastic barbie making out. disgusting

nice review tho
ramrod - Man of ur wetdreams

Yumeko

Quote from: asukayakuza1234 on July 03, 2007, 01:36:06 AM
let me get this straight.
gackt squirted his moist water all over miyavi's face, oh god...

its like crack whore and plastic barbie making out. disgusting

nice review tho

lol...you would've had to see Miyavi's expression...it was quite entertaining to watch *laughs*I was laughing while watching it.  And thanks.
drawing by me...