News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Non-JP seperate forum

Started by 非難GO-GO > バクチク, June 27, 2007, 01:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

凸(。☉౪ ⊙。)▁▇▀▀▀~~~卍

ramrod - Man of ur wetdreams

R'oma

~☆Visual piggY☆~

DO

I would like to keep the site Asian music only. One thing is for sure American music will not be allowed here.

凸(。☉౪ ⊙。)▁▇▀▀▀~~~卍

i agree.
And that should include cover bands... like spanish vkei bands....
and no german what-so-ever
ramrod - Man of ur wetdreams

xbiinex

Personally, I would certainly not mind some other than Asian music.
But who should control what would finally be posted?
Like if people started posting American music it would certainly not take long to attract some copyright issues which I think nobody needs here.
When looking for other music I go to soulseek. There I can find practically anything.

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Quote from: DO on July 03, 2007, 09:45:13 AM
I would like to keep the site Asian music only. One thing is for sure American music will not be allowed here.

First off , English speaking music please. America isn't the only country. Saying "No American music" states that I can go ahead and post Canadian and British music and it seems to be very narrow-minded and/or anti-american. ( No Personal offense ). If that's the case , I could not post Japanese/Hawaiian artist Razed in Black , even though he's considered a Asian Musician. You can also go ahead and take off HeadPhones President. They are considered American musicians.

Second , I said "OTHER Asian Countries" Like Korea , Thailand , Vietnam , Taiwan .

If you make this section , I would personally moderate it.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

DO

Quote from: 마왕 on July 03, 2007, 01:25:09 PM

First off , English speaking music please. America isn't the only country. Saying "No American music" states that I can go ahead and post Canadian and British music and it seems to be very narrow-minded and/or anti-american. ( No Personal offense ). If that's the case , I could not post Japanese/Hawaiian artist Razed in Black , even though he's considered a Asian Musician. You can also go ahead and take off HeadPhones President. They are considered American musicians.

Second , I said "OTHER Asian Countries" Like Korea , Thailand , Vietnam , Taiwan .

First of all I don't want that type of music because I don't want legal trouble it has nothing to do with being narrow-minded.

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Quote from: DO on July 03, 2007, 04:54:26 PM
Quote from: 마왕 on July 03, 2007, 01:25:09 PM

First of all I don't want that type of music because I don't want legal trouble it has nothing to do with being narrow-minded.

And Japanese music doesn't have legal troubles? They are making websites IP based now because of the sharing of japanese music. No matter where it's from , it's illegal file sharing. Not trying to argue the issue , I see where your coming from , at any rate your running a risk even with japanese music all the same... The risk may be greater with English speaking music , but it's still there if the files are illegal regardless the language.

DO

Japanese anti privacy groups are not as aggressive as the American ones. You cannot even compare both as they aren't even the same. 

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Quote from: DO on July 03, 2007, 05:06:06 PM
Japanese anti privacy groups are not as aggressive as the American ones. You cannot even compare both as they aren't even the same. 

That aside ( that was sorta a side thought to begin with not meant to overshadow the original issue of the thread ) , I still want a seperate forum for non-japanese asian music.

DO

I would have to check more into that before I make another board. I also need to know what music would be considered "other". If we didn't have laws like that I would be all for sharing any type of music but sadly this is not the case

非難GO-GO > バクチク

The Piracy laws are getting crazy as of late. I don't see why there is such a problem with Digital Downloads , and why Itunes owns the market on it with it's horrible mp4 format. I would like to see a completely digital music world , but it would never happen because of the insane amounts of piracy because of the inane laws in effect atm.

At any rate , let me know what your decision is. When I mean other I mean like just anything that's not japanese , like K-pop , C-rock , just so it won't get drowned out by the insane amount of VK posts or just to keep it all organized. ( if that's what you mean by Other ).

Alice the Sister

I wonder why we even bother?
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

Yumeko

I would like to see other asian music as well.  There are definately many good chinese/thai/korean groups out there I would like to share.
drawing by me...

Do As Eternity 6

well we've been answered a bit ...

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity