News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

First bands?

Started by wonderword, May 11, 2007, 01:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xetha

I got into anime five years ago and liked the intro songs and around the same time I started to listen to X Japan and Malice Mizer and then it just rolled on....

evlon

Mmmm... technically it'll be X Japan for me since my bro had Dahlia since I was a kid, but the 1st thing I really went to download was Malice Mizer sometime about 3 years back. Cant remember why the hell I did that though... think I was on some Gackt fever at that time XD Shortly after that I went on to get Dir en grey's Vulgar after learning they were related to Yoshiki...
枯れない花は美しくて...

diru_019

cage, by dir en grey ^.^

andi_pandi

Iv only been listening to J-Rock for just over a year & what a good year for music it has been  ;D.

I was looking up at Final Fantasy Advent Children & Dirge on You Tube & came across the video for Redemption. I was instantly hooked after hearing that song

Couple of days later i found a couple of fan vids of A.C with Dir En Grey as the music, id had a friend who was always trying to get me into them so i watched the videos paying more interest in the music.

Since then iv just gotten into more & more such as Kagrra, Psycho Le Cemu, D'espairs Ray, Janne Da Arc, L'arc~En~Ciel & so on.

The best thing IMO is that since iv not been listening to J-Rock that long i have such a wide selection of bands to hear rather than this 'emo' music where iv heard it all

~Ride On Heaven's Drive~

residentevilrulz

Malice Mizer and Miyavi. I can't remember what was first. I heard Jibun Kakumei from my friend Tim and I liked it. And then I watched the pv for Beast of Blood by Malice Mizer and it... well it changed my life and made me what I am today. No lies

Kinky_Pinky

The first band I have listen to was nightmare, back in their indie days.
I loved their violent style and Yomis voice.
The first song I heard from them was dogma and they are still my favourit band!

LeKden

i looked on Google for Japaneses rock band and it came dir en grey. Than after i was trying to get there music but i didn't really know how bc i didn't know anything abt limewire and torrents so i used window media player and i got some song but most song i found weren't that good, but i still downloaded it. Than after while i knew abt youtube and than started to watched there music video and i started to like them.

larcan

my story is rather strange and long so...I instantly fell in love with the PV for "Killing Me" by L'Arc~en~Ciel (<3!) and then there was a crazy L'arc obsession (including me getting a wannabe tet haircut that ultimatly failed anyway) . then I liked an cafe for like, a week. and I just started going all over the internet learning and listening to different types of bands. I love indies bands. very much.  8D
pleh.

fangy89

evilaya12 is to blame for my obsession, which started with Malice Mizer about...2, 3 years ago? And we have wasted our lives ever since.

Mikey Do'Urden

My first Jrock band was Penicillin. I had heard the re-make of Chaos when I was in the 6th or 7th grade online. After that, I had learned of X Japan, Diru, Malice Mizer, and many of the other big names through browsing various sites. Sooo...as short as my story is, that's how I got into Jrock =3.

なお

My first bands were Raphael, ElDorado, Mist of Rouge and X Japan.
I got a cd with some songs from a girl in my school..

琴乃

If I remember well, my first bands were GLAY, X-Japan, Janne Da Arc and Malice Mizer.

Varro

hmmm the first one I saw at live was Blood, the First album i heard was Dir en grey's WTD and some MM's and Gackt's songs and I can't remeber which one of those all were the very first or was it someone else then.... but anyway it happened loooong ago and yet I feel like I'm quite a newbie with those who have listened Jrock since X japan O.O!!!
The Scariest thing on earth??? Mana laughing witout make up O.O!!!!

nekki_chibi

Posted on: August 27, 2007

viva la thread

kachida