News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

best places to dl jrock?

Started by ushi, May 07, 2007, 06:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ushi

well no that jpopforums have ceaced all download thread for some stupid reason...

then i wonder...what places can you dl jrock except for here?

Hizumi-chama are awesome

Anonymous_Lulz

well, torrents are the only form of download for me anymore.  they just seem to work alot better and faster than direct downloading from a site.  isohunt.com has alot of different jrock stuff.  i even found some underground stuff from bands no one on the internet would hear of. (i.e. Crow's Claw, Mechanized Emotion)

klavierbarrette

lj is really good if you go to the right communities

×SpacePirate Doll×

Quote from: klavierbarrette on May 07, 2007, 10:36:08 PM
lj is really good if you go to the right communities

I agree.

Communities like jrock_uploads, are awesome for requesting and sharing.

You should probably just search other communites by like the keyword 'jrock'

Alice the Sister

I don't really care too much for straight up "jrock" anymore, but I'll usually get it from here or jpopsuki if I do. Occasionally Tokyo-Nights will have some good downloads. Good stuff kind of comes in waves over there.

And of course there's also live journals. You could also try rotation sites. I have a rotation site incidentally. I tell you what country and what genre it usually is before you download and I give a little opinion/description of the songs beforehand.
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

xbiinex

I get a huge part of my music from soulseek - especially older stuff, too. Torrent sites are good for large files, such as whole discographies, dvd's etc. But just looking around for certain songs or single albums I find soulseek very convenient. With a little bit of patience you can find practically anything. There are quite a few users specializing in jrock.

What I like about soulseek is that it's not restricted to any particular type of music. As I also listen to a lot of other music than jrock it's a place where I can actually search for any type of music at all - and find it. ;D

非難GO-GO > バクチク

About 80% of my stuff is from cds. I use my friends on slsk for the rest.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

Takumi Ueno

Yeah, I was upset when I saw that Jpop forum, closed down their file sharing threads. D':
It made it easier for me since they were direct downloads. >_<;

I use tokyo-nights.org which is another torrent site.

Also some groups on myspace share music.

It's been harder to get music recently. D':