News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

tonberry Visual overload

Started by themotivator, February 17, 2007, 09:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Quote from: doaseternity6 on February 20, 2007, 01:04:09 AM
hey i'm trying to put some non-vk stuff on the tracker but no one really takes up on it xD

Pretty much.
Alot of the really good bands are from the early 90s anyways. You'll have a slice of tough bossom to find more than one quality download on both the tracker and the DD area on any given day. And when you post something non-japanese vk , people don't give two cents. ( hence why I deleted my vassline post and probaly won't upload too much anymore unless it's for LJ )
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

Jau_Peacecraft

Alice the Sister

Just to let you know, I downloaded the Vassline stuff. I haven't listened to it yet, but thanks for uploading it.
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

idolcrash

I did too, and it was pretty good. I'm all for more hardcore and more thrash :D

klavierbarrette

i wish you hadn't deleted it arch cuz i didnt get to dl it :(

TeamAwesome

before I went to Japan, I struggled to keep up with the uploads on here... that was pretty awesome... now I am lucky to find something worthwhile once a week >>

VK is a style, you can't really say the music sucks because of what they wear o.O I mean, there are plenty of sub-genres to follow VK... let's take Lolita 23Q in comparison to say... Kagerou (or what was >>"")... both dress in a "visual" way, but both have incredibly different music.

I haven't seen anyone flaming for the idea of "non-JRock"... why not try uploading some... if you've got any ^^"" I'll support you! *screams revolution*

Jau_Peacecraft

i can say VK sucks and I just did. 

VK: serving closet case jobbers since Kuroyume broke up.

idolcrash

QuoteVK is a style, you can't really say the music sucks because of what they wear

Sure you can. But more importantly, VK has devolved (not that it was at any place of artistic integrity before) to a noticeable, and shitty, musical style. Listen to the Matina or PS bands and most other VK acts...all the same shit. AWESOME!1q!!

Quotelet's take Lolita 23Q in comparison to say... Kagerou (or what was >>"")... both dress in a "visual" way, but both have incredibly different music.

Kagerou was an aberration in the VK scene, they had good music and they always managed to evolve (see their early singles, compare them to the first album, then compare that to everything after that. Not only is it all good, it all showcases growth), but bands like this are exceedingly rare.

Quotewhy not try uploading some... if you've got any ^^"" I'll support you! *screams revolution*

Because there is plenty here.

Yumeko

Quote from: TeamAwesome on March 01, 2007, 11:27:38 PMI haven't seen anyone flaming for the idea of "non-JRock"... why not try uploading some... if you've got any ^^"" I'll support you! *screams revolution*

Oh I have uploaded plenty non-jrock.  WaT, Dong Bang Shin Ki, T.M.Revolution, The Trax, Se7en, and I plan on uploading more.
drawing by me...

Alice the Sister

I finally listened to that Vassline stuff. It's pretty good! I played them on the air for my radio show this morning. Good stuff.

And yeah....that's the gimmick with VK. It can look however it wants to, and it won't necessarily let you know how it will sound. It does most of the time, if you pay close enough attention. But it's hard to sift through all the shit VK out there it's hard to find the really good stuff.
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

KUON

Quote from: Yumeko on March 03, 2007, 12:19:24 AM
Quote from: TeamAwesome on March 01, 2007, 11:27:38 PMI haven't seen anyone flaming for the idea of "non-JRock"... why not try uploading some... if you've got any ^^"" I'll support you! *screams revolution*

Oh I have uploaded plenty non-jrock.  WaT, Dong Bang Shin Ki, T.M.Revolution, The Trax, Se7en, and I plan on uploading more.

thanks going from gay oshare pop kei to gay pop, NO THANKS.

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Quote from: klavierbarrette on February 28, 2007, 12:06:56 AM
i wish you hadn't deleted it arch cuz i didnt get to dl it :(

You can get it from me on slsk. =3

K-POP is easy to find (esp the ones you listed off , they are mainstream groups , esp T.M Revolution , the trax and DBSK , no offense ). And who said I got flamed? I stated that hardly anyone gave two shites about non-jrock stuff. K-Rock is hard to find and it's worth the download 90% of the time , unlike alot of VK bands ( alot of them make me wonder who would waste the time to press cds for ... >< ) when maybe 1 out of 5 bands who original and good enough are worth the download.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

idolcrash

Yumeko

Quote from: KUON on March 04, 2007, 01:03:55 PMthanks going from gay oshare pop kei to gay pop, NO THANKS.
Nobody is making you download it.

Quote from: ARCH☆ゾンビK-Rock is hard to find and it's worth the download 90% of the time
I just found a new krock band called Vanilla Unity which I will try to upload soon.  Probably before this weekend.
drawing by me...