News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Who's the fifth member in the SUPER BAND? Your predictions...

Started by Yumeko, January 08, 2007, 05:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yumeko

Okay; first I want to say that any new information you find about this project should be posted in this thread ---> Gackt and Yoshiki SUPER BAND!!!

This thread is simply made to post your predictions so that we don't clutter the other thread.  As I'd appreciate that thread just have information and rumors and stuff.

Anywho...We already KNOW that Yoshiki, Gackt and Sugizo are in the band.  It's very recently been rumored that Miyavi will be in the band.  So assuming that Miyavi is in band (at least I'm assuming :P), who is the fifth member?

As I predicted waaay back...members of this band will...

1. Have been in a successful band
2. Have/Had a successful solo career
3. Be super famous in Japan
4. Have international appeal and be famous in the states
5. Be known for being good at what they do. (ie like Miyavi is famous for being a great guitarist)
6. Be workaholics

I don't know much about Sugizo, but what I do know about the other members is that they are ALL workaholics and really get into what they do.  And all of the 3 definate and now strongly rumored Miyavi; they all fit the criteria I've come up with.

So who's the bassist?  Who will be that last member to be announced that will *POW* really get it into your head that this IS a SUPER BAND?!

So here are my predictions and explanations for why I picked them and I hope you will post your predictions and opinions as well.

OKAY!!!

Toshiya from Dir en grey...

He's a famous bassist, in a successful band, is famous in Japan, has international appeal and doing concerts here with Dir en grey, hard worker I think, and great at playing bass.  However...he hasn't had a solo career and I don't know how well he'd mix with the other members of this super band.  I don't know Toshiya well enough to say "yah he'd get along with the other guys" or whatever.  But he does fit most of the criteria.  People -know- who Toshiya is and that he's a great bassist.

Hakuei from Penicillin...

Okay...I don't know very much about Hakuei or if he can play the bass.  I do know he plays guitar; so maybe he would take up the bass for this.  Again this is all speculation  based on that Penicillin is popular, been around, Hakuei has done side projects and stuff, and I see him ALL the time in magizines I buy.  Mainly Gothic and Lolita Bible magizine. 

Reita from GazettE...

I don't know if he is an -amazing- bassist.  But GazettE is way popular and I think Reita has the international appeal as well as famous in Japan, but I don't know about the other things.  I'm not sure if he's AS famous as the other men.  He might not be famous enough.

Hyde, need I say more?...

Okay, was and is in a successful band.  Has a very successful solo career.  He's way famous in Japan and way famous here and has done concerts here with Laruku and by himself.  He's good at what he does and he's a workaholic I think.  Now does he play bass?  I don't know; I know he plays guitar.  He is buddies with Gackt so there's a connection to the band and I think announcing him as a 5th member would REALLY get everyone crazy about this band if they aren't already.  I think he could be a runner for 5th in the band.

Aki from SID...

Okay I know this is a stretch.  Anywho, SID is popular in Japan and here.  I think enough people know who Aki is but is he really as famous as the other guys...I don't think so.  However he's very lively on stage and I think all good bassist should be exciting to watch as they don't get the best parts usually music wise.

Rose ex member of The TRAX...

This was a rumor I heard I believe in the other thread.  Trax if you don't already know is a increasingly popular Krock band that is also gaining popularity in Japan now.  However Rose left the band to pursue his own thing.  Whether that is music related or not; I'm not really sure.  However from what I know about him; I would guess he would stay involved in music as he plays many different instruments, drums, piano, guitar, who knows what else.  He also composes music and sings and raps.  Yoshiki also formed The TRAX so there is a connection to the band through Yoshiki.  He does have some international appeal; but I really don't know if he's famous enough.
drawing by me...

Formless

I think any of those selections are pretty doubtful. I was thinking more of Hitoki (ex-Kuroyume) or maybe CRAZY COOL JOE (ex-DEAD END) or even Heath. If Tetsu (L'arc~en~Ciel) wasn't so busy doing his solo thing and L'arc, I'd say him, maybe. He did indeed recently leave Creature Creature as well, so he might have some more free time.

One of your reasons was "super famous". Toshiya isn't super famous, nor is Reita. Reita and The GazettE are certainly on their way up, but I wouldn't say they're up to par with the popularity of the people already in the band. I don't know where people get these misconceptions that Dir en grey is this hugely popular band in Japan either, because they're not. Hakuei and Hyde aren't even known bassists so that's even more of a stretch.

If anything, Sugizo is probably the most "workaholic" of them all since the man has been studying and mastering music since the age of three. He plays a wide variety of instruments from piano to guitar to violin. I'm confident that his 30+ years of music training will be a huge help to this band.

Culo

Misaki Alcohol (ex-Makaroni), he's not famous and rather than workaholic he's alcoholic, but he's a great bas splayer and he will sneak into the band by poisoning the other super star members, he'll end up breaking up the band and the entire world will die of sadness ^____^
Fag who reads

Alphonse

CRAZY COOL JOE.

When the super group got announced, I mentioned that I believed Sugizo and him would be members. Sugizo has gotten confirmed, so now CCJ would make everything perfect.
Also known as "Zagatosan" from the -scape- message board.

Future Audio Rips:
Deflina Ma'riage - LAST INFECTION
UNDERCODE PRODUCTIONS - Nihon Seiatsu 2005.11.30
Phantasmagoria - at the ends of the rest period...

Yumeko

Quote from: Formless on January 08, 2007, 05:44:56 PM
I think any of those selections are pretty doubtful. I was thinking more of Hitoki (ex-Kuroyume) or maybe CRAZY COOL JOE (ex-DEAD END) or even Heath. If Tetsu (L'arc~en~Ciel) wasn't so busy doing his solo thing and L'arc, I'd say him, maybe. He did indeed recently leave Creature Creature as well, so he might have some more free time.

One of your reasons was "super famous". Toshiya isn't super famous, nor is Reita. Reita and The GazettE are certainly on their way up, but I wouldn't say they're up to par with the popularity of the people already in the band. I don't know where people get these misconceptions that Dir en grey is this hugely popular band in Japan either, because they're not. Hakuei and Hyde aren't even known bassists so that's even more of a stretch.

If anything, Sugizo is probably the most "workaholic" of them all since the man has been studying and mastering music since the age of three. He plays a wide variety of instruments from piano to guitar to violin. I'm confident that his 30+ years of music training will be a huge help to this band.

HAHA yah I know Hakuei and Hyde for bassist might be a stretch LOL; but they're both people that have been around.  Reita...yah I knew that was a stretch as well.  I really don't think Toshiya is -that- much of a stretch.  And perhaps Dir en grey isn't as popular as I thought; but they have a lot of international appeal.  And I'm not claiming to know everything about Jrock.  But I think whoever is in this band will be people that even if you aren't familiar with their music; you've heard their name.  And CCJ and some of these other predictions...I've honestly never heard of them.  Now Tetsu...I didn't think of him...he's a good runner for 5th position.
drawing by me...

fangy89

Yu~Ki! It would be so awesome! And it would be good to know that he's like...alive. o_o

Culo

Quote from: fangy89 on January 09, 2007, 12:50:19 AM
Yu~Ki! It would be so awesome! And it would be good to know that he's like...alive. o_o

I think Misaki Alcohol would actually be more probable than that one...  :P

I dunno, Tetsu from l'arc is very probable.
Fag who reads

jeftones

more than likely its gonna be someone who is not currently in a band and is known for their bass playing. so im guessing its gonna be either j, hitoki, iida seiichi (ex craze), or kenjilaw (or what ever the hell he is going by now),

Formless

Quote from: Reiko on January 09, 2007, 12:33:04 AM
How about  J?

Well, that might be a problem, as much as I like J. J and Sugizo, in LUNA SEA, had many conflicts about musical differences, so that would probably resurface in this band.

And so far, I think our biggest leap is Yu~ki. I'd seriously be disappointed if Yoshiki even considered him. :\ My vote would go to Hitoki.

Reiko

Wah.. I cant beleive I didnt even think of Hitoki.. I use to be so into Kuroyume... lol if not J my vote goes to Hitoki as well.

marky

I think hitoki os one of the best japanese bassist and one of my favorite.... it'll be great see him in this band....

Yumeko

I need to check out who Hitoki is.  Everyone seems to know him but me LOL
drawing by me...

キティア

Most indies bassists seem rather... improbable. Even Toshiya seems to be an unlikely choice, seeing how he's already an active member of a highly successful band (and, in turn, busy with it as well). :|

Lmao. I was honestly super-secretly expecting the three other men to go rob hide's grave~ and from there, just pretend that he's alive
呑み込む闇と引き換えに委ねて
赤と黒に染める声が混ざり合う...
Follow to the Death God!!

Yumeko

If Hide was still alive; I'm sure they would want him involved with this.  He was a such a talented person and loved by many.
drawing by me...