News:

Tonberry is serious business We respect your opinions!

Main Menu

Making Tonberry more of a community website

Started by DO, April 27, 2007, 09:38:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DO

Hey guys! Lets make Tonberry more of a community website instead of just having leechers all the time. Doing so requires help from you guys (the users). What are some ideas about giving this site a more community feeling. I was thinking about starting an IRC channel but I'm not sure how many people know how to use it. Anyway, If you have any other ideas or would like to do the IRC idea post it all here.

非難GO-GO > バクチク

Not much you can do either than enforce the seeding policy so people have to keep a ratio. I don't use the torrents on this site , because no one seeds after they finish.

IRC is a good idea , I never use IRC , but I'm sure others do.
music reviews & full album samples:
http://archaenon.net/guitarhythm/

Do As Eternity 6

hmmm i don't really use IRC so i don't know if that would help but if you want to make it more of a community place you have to basically put limits on d/l (like quota post number, hide code, etc.) and enforce a seeding policy...other than that i really don't know =_= sry i'm not much help

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

Alice the Sister

I used to be on the tonberry IRC, but then it people just stopped showing up. Not really on good terms with the owners of #jrock irc room, but if you'd want it to be a community site you'd want to have your own IRC room, no?
BFM OMFZG , YEZ I R HAPPY

lovetrick

I don't use IRC, but I'm not against using it. I think Ratio with delays for people with lower ratios would be good ( like JPopSuki's ).

zenarcade

I have an irc server running on my home computer if anybody cares. *shrug*

Mostly was just for messing around but I'll make it work if you want.

DO

#tonberrytorrents
irc.rizon.net

:)

I'm already idling on it as well as another person. Anyone is free to join and if they choose.

Keep up with the ideas guys.

DO

If we get a lot of people that constantly idled and fill up the channel I think I would have no trouble adding in some XDCC bots that people could download stuff from.

Do As Eternity 6

誰もいない街
静かに 朝日は私の影落として 
明日は 逃げずに そこにあるのか
-"rumble fish" Do As Infinity

spider13man

Quote from: DO on April 30, 2007, 12:51:09 AM
If we get a lot of people that constantly idled and fill up the channel I think I would have no trouble adding in some XDCC bots that people could download stuff from.

that'd be awesome, cause the deadman disc. torrent i'm downloading is at 94.0%
and not going anywhere quick.....

Culo

i like the idea, internet lacks of a good jrock forum. although I think it's actually a bit utopic to think about a serious, adult jrock forum, but whatever XD

my idea:
maybe we can make threads on the Music forum (which I think it's only used to post news about releases, barely just that), about bands, the first post on each band thread could be informative and the rest could be discussion. also it's important to have good moderators tofight against ugly offtopic and fangirlness which always kills forums.

haven't used irc in ages, might join later :P

anyway, that's my 2 rupees.
Fag who reads

Yumeko

one of the things I like about here is there is no ratio minimum.  The reason I'm against it is because I unfortunately have a bad connection so even if I seed all night and all day for x amount of time; my ratio hardly goes up.
drawing by me...

Alice the Sister

Well I'm on the IRC but I'm under my old name Nataraja since I re-registered with the rizon nickserv.

Champ213

I dunno.... maybe a better structured discussion erea, like a few more sub-forums? Almost half of the subforums on this board are tracker/download related, which kinda gives the impression that the downloads are the main focus, with discussions just a little add-on.

Edit:
And yeah, I agree, some more moderators might be good too. I don't even know most of the moderators on this forum. In any case, they aren't really that active here, or am I missing something?

Alice the Sister

Yeah, I agree. You have to have at least SOME staff involvement for a site to grow...otherwise it just gets kinda... I dunno...stale. If not even the staff are interested, maybe that means something...